MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just in....9336 is now at the LGA depot. On a seperate note (I wasn't to sure where to post this) Moderators, if you want to split this post up please be my guest. The route swap is a 100% go. I just recieved confirmation about that from 1 of my sources. Expect "alot of RTSs" is how it was told to me to be going to LGA. Im not sure when that will happen The RTS part. *As always* If there are any changes I will post them.

This just in....9336 is now at the LGA depot. On a seperate note (I wasn't to sure where to post this) Moderators, if you want to split this post up please be my guest. The route swap is a 100% go. I just recieved confirmation about that from 1 of my sources. Expect "alot of RTSs" is how it was told to me to be going to LGA. Im not sure when that will happen The RTS part. *As always* If there are any changes I will post them.

Which routes

I remember when CP had a whole lot of routes and buses. So they move these express buses just to make LGA all Local. The Q38,QM10/QM11 and Qm12 and QM24/25 are not even close to CP.

CP is a huge Depot so why not just let CP have the Q19 Q66 we take the Q38 and have the Q50 split again. I find it kinda dumb that CP could only have the Q25/34 Q64 and Q65 and is the biggest out of all the depots in Queens.

That BP situation with the Hybrids makes sense in a way. BP is a small depot just like SC and FR why not just let it be all hybrid.

Guest MTA Bus

I don't want the Q66 to go to LGA. It's been at CP from the start. They should send the Q19 to LGA since the Q19 uses like 3 buses, and in return, send over one the Q101, Q103 and Q104, since they also use 3 buses.

I remember when CP had a whole lot of routes and buses. So they move these express buses just to make LGA all Local. The Q38,QM10/QM11 and Qm12 and QM24/25 are not even close to CP.

CP is a huge Depot so why not just let CP have the Q19 Q66 we take the Q38 and have the Q50 split again. I find it kinda dumb that CP could only have the Q25/34 Q64 and Q65 and is the biggest out of all the depots in Queens.

That BP situation with the Hybrids makes sense in a way. BP is a small depot just like SC and FR why not just let it be all hybrid.

The thing with CP they trying to turn that depot into a mainly express depot. As far as the QM24/25 not being no where near CP, technically yes it is both CP and LG depot is near the van wyck which basically is about the same distance if you was to DH to and from. Edited by transit bx

i still don't believe this whole LGA CP swap, I don't agree with the Q66 going to LGA, LGA is a f**king dump already with all the buses they have, why would you give em MORE buses, CP is much bigger it would be smart to have them keep their Routes, As for BP being all Hybird, I doubt it, they are just sending a few to replace the worst of the Bee line Orion V's

Man just imagine if LGA was still a CNG depot lol. LGA C40LFs would just displace those Bees and add extra

It was shortsighted now with how LGA's CNG facility was shut down. Seems like a waste now if CP has their CNG facility, but a small fleet of local buses.

Also wouldn't this move overload an already crowded LGA depot? If anything Queens could use another depot to handle the extra buses like SI has with Charleston. And what about the dead heading? Wouldn't this add extra miles for buses heading to the eastern part of Queens back to CP vs going to LGA which seems to be more towards the middle?

Edited by Grand Concourse

It was shortsighted now with how LGA's CNG facility was shut down. Seems like a waste now if CP has their CNG facility, but a small fleet of local buses.

Also wouldn't this move overload an already crowded LGA depot? If anything Queens could use another depot to handle the extra buses like SI has with Charleston. And what about the dead heading? Wouldn't this add extra miles for buses heading to the eastern part of Queens back to CP vs going to LGA which seems to be more towards the middle?

So, they removed the CNG facility? Could it be brought back?

I don't want the Q66 to go to LGA. It's been at CP from the start. They should send the Q19 to LGA since the Q19 uses like 3 buses, and in return, send over one the Q101, Q103 and Q104, since they also use 3 buses.

3 buses, you must be joking. They use more than 3, about 10 or so buses AFAIK, a lil more, a lil less.

The thing with CP they trying to turn that depot into a mainly express depot. As far as the QM24/25 not being no where near CP, technically yes it is both CP and LG depot is near the van wyck which basically is about the same distance if you was to DH to and from.

Yup, they are equally close when it comes to time and distance. Look at the QM10/QM11 for example. They can just jump on the L.I.E over to the Van Wyck from Lefrak and you are at CP in what....10 minutes at most.

Edited by Cait Sith