MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Metro CSW" data-cid="639991" data-time="1359750998"><p>

<span style='font-family: georgia, serif'>"One Xcelsior at Quill! Ah, Ah, Ah!</span><br />

<span style='font-family: georgia, serif'>Two Xcelsiors at Quill! Ah, Ah, Ah!"</span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-size: 8px;'><span style='font-family: georgia, serif'>*Count von Count reference intended</span>*</span></p></blockquote>

LOL, lmfaoo. Your too much! I really think if quill wants UP XD40 then take em all...its no point of leaving UP with just 15

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Metro CSW" data-cid="640029" data-time="1359755606"><p>

<span style='font-family: georgia, serif'> <_<</span><span style='font-family: georgia, serif'> </span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: georgia, serif'>You do know the 42 of them are still there at UP..... right?</span></p></blockquote>

yeahh, i know...i know where all the XD40s are.

im just saying if quill gets some of UPs XD40s take em all..

From what I have understood MJQ is getting U.P.s XD-40s. U.P. in return will get MJQs 5000s. However, the 5200s will stay at MJQ.

WTF!? UP will be 100% RTS again? 

The Fleet age would be lopsided, Flatbush & Quill has all those Nova Artics & Hybrids, but UP entire local fleet will consist of 12+ year old buses?

Yeahhh, this order is definitely for XD40s...

This bus been around how many depots? 5?

And only 90 buses??....sumtin is up...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="trainfan22" data-cid="640045" data-time="1359759329"><p>

WTF!? UP will be 100% RTS again? <br />

<br />

The Fleet age would be lopsided, Flatbush & Quill has all those Nova Artics & Hybrids, but UP entire local fleet will consist of 12+ year old buses?</p></blockquote>

Well I wouldn't really mind this because when those UP RTS go bye bye...UP might get about 150 XD40s...or maybe some Hybrids would come down if that's too much

Well, that was a rather pointless move of the MTA....

I guess they figure they'll just replace all of UP's RTSes with the big order. Funny, for all the time UP has had XD40s, I've never gotten a single one on the damn B6. Always an RTS; though admittedly RTSes in good shape.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="T J Trainman" data-cid="639787" data-time="1359703716"><p>

8882? That bus is long gone you are probably thinking of 8862 or 8885?</p></blockquote>

Yeh I think it was one of them because I really couldn't tell because the number on the inside of the bus was written in and it was not understandable.

WTF!? UP will be 100% RTS again?

The Fleet age would be lopsided, Flatbush & Quill has all those Nova Artics & Hybrids, but UP entire local fleet will consist of 12+ year old buses?

again, the oldest bus is a 9300. FB, ENY still have 8700/8800 RTSs. If anything on average, up is pretty well balanced in having a bunch of younger RTSs vs the other depots ranging from extreme new to extreme old.

And to everyone bellyaching, wouldn't you prefer a temporary decrease of buses now in favor of a larger fleet order? Some of you are too shortsighted to see the bigger picture. Plus be fortunate that all the issues those buses have had doesn't seem to be scaring off the mta from canning the order altogether.

Edited by Grand Concourse

again, the oldest bus is a 9300. FB, ENY still have 8700/8800 RTSs. If anything on average, up is pretty well balanced in having a bunch of younger RTSs vs the other depots ranging from extreme new to extreme old.

And to everyone bellyaching, wouldn't you prefer a temporary decrease of buses now in favor of a larger fleet order? Some of you are too shortsighted to see the bigger picture. Plus be fortunate that all the issues those buses have had doesn't seem to be scaring off the mta from canning the order altogether.

If this 90 bus test order is as good as ENY has suggested, the MTA (like everyone here says, you never know with them) may tell NFI and NovaBus to go pound sand and wait another year to order 600 of whatever the 90-order bus is after that gets validated in testing. Now that's probably not likely, but hey, never know.

I do agree, the RTS units UP has are in good condition and on the newer side. If anything, they'll just get a ton of the finalized version of the MTA-spec XD40 next year to move out the RTS buses.

All of the RTSs are old, there all 12 years and older, and ENY had the Hybrids, and besides those 9300s/9400s came in 97 there only a few months older than the 96s at best. And FB only has a handful of 96 Novas so who cares about those buses being there? They have a lot of Hybrids and they will have a lot of New Artics, where's FB only has like what, seven or eight 96 Novas?

Its a shame that UP will be 100% RTS again despite the fact that many depots are swimming in new equipment... Quill's artic fleet is mostly made up of the Nova Artics these days and at least half of their 40 foot fleet will be NGs and XD40s. UP will be 100% HF after having as many as 89 new buses at one point, I can't believe you're trying to justify UP being 100% RTS in 2013....

Edited by trainfan22

All of the RTSs are old, there all 12 years and older, and ENY had the Hybrids, and besides those 9300s/9400s came in 97 there only a few months older than the 96s at best. And FB only has a handful of 96 Novas so who cares about those buses being there? They have a lot of Hybrids and they will have a lot of New Artics, where's FB only has like what, seven or eight 96 Novas?

Its a shame that UP will be 100% RTS again despite the fact that many depots are swimming in new equipment... Quill's artic fleet is mostly made up of the Nova Artics these days and at least half of their 40 foot fleet will be NGs and XD40s. UP will be 100% HF after having as many as 89 new buses at one point, I can't believe you're trying to justify UP being 100% RTS in 2013....

Welcome back to 2007 Ulmer Park!

And I can't believe you're getting all tight and aggy when nothing's happened yet...chill and we'll see what happens.

Yup. God forbid anyone gets stuck with the old stuff...

=

Like I said, if the MTA likes the XD40s, then you can expect to see more of them and they will push the older RTSs over to MTA bus. People just need to be patient.

Edited by Grand Concourse