MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

i see the changes did they change over some mci's from Triboro(LGA) to Queens Surface(CP) ?

There has been a significant fleet swap between CP/LG and JK/FR. LG lost the QM12 to CP. JK lost the QM15 split to FR.

Edited by The Real

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, some things should not be acronyms!

Speaking of the reserve, why reserve the cngs? The tank certification will expire if the buses are used or not. Why not just run them till they can't run anymore? The diesel buses have no such limitation and would be better off as the main reserves,

Edited by Grand Concourse

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Grand Concourse" data-cid="641416" data-time="1359943128"><p>

Lol, some things should not be acronyms!<br />

Speaking of the reserve, why reserve the cngs? The tank certification will expire if the buses are used or not. Why not just run them till they can't run anymore? The diesel buses have no such limitation and would be better off as the main reserves,</p></blockquote>

My thoughts exactly. I think they just decided to dump the worst of the 98's for a reserve fleet. I forsee them leaving in a few months if all goes as planned.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Grand Concourse" data-cid="641416" data-time="1359943128"><p>

Speaking of the reserve, why reserve the cngs? The tank certification will expire if the buses are used or not. Why not just run them till they can't run anymore? The diesel buses have no such limitation and would be better off as the main reserves,</p></blockquote>

My thoughts exactly. I think they just decided to dump the worst of the 98's for a reserve fleet. I forsee them leaving in a few months if all goes as planned.

They'll be gone soon enough. Get your last rides now while you still can.

Edited by jgood6195

Well they brought back 800 lol

I wonder if it would have been worth it to convert the C40LFs into D40LFs using engines from retired buses...and then send them to MTA Bus. Before you laugh, the Toronto Transit Commission did just that with 50 O5s (formerly CNG).

Wasn't that conversion in the mid 90's though? I think these 98's are way past their time to be brutally honest.

I wonder if it would have been worth it to convert the C40LFs into D40LFs using engines from retired buses...and then send them to MTA Bus. Before you laugh, the Toronto Transit Commission did just that with 50 O5s (formerly CNG).

I used to also wonder about that. They could of sent them to depots with the oldest RTS's and Orion Vs.

Wasn't that conversion in the mid 90's though? I think these 98's are way past their time to be brutally honest.

That's why I don't see that happening anymore. Besides, most of the fleet is retired.