MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4899 is in.

I just want to verify something. So there are 23 original C40LF buses in operation and 36 Orion V CNG buses in operation. The next new C40LF option is for 29 buses and this is supposed to retire the old CNG fleet. We actually have 59 old CNG buses. Are the extra 30 old CNG fleet buses extras while Orion VIII OG CNGs have work done or will the MTA end up taking up one of the remaining C40LF options? The reason I ask is everyone keeps saying that the O5 CNGs will be retired with this next option and the math doesn't really add up (and I can't seem to find any explanation on the forums other than possibly O7 CNGs being overhauled). Thanks in advance.

These last 29 may be all, but it is a possibility that they could order more. This way MTA can use the remaining old buses until MCH opens in January. 

All the Orion VII's are scheduled to be overhauled, and re-powered with new engines which will extend their lives until at least 2020-2022. The new C40LF tanks are certified through 2032-2033.

Actually I was going to ask a question like that because I heard in a different thread that the remaining Old C40s are supposed to be re-certified to run two more years at JG. This is not wat I'm saying so don't get pissed off at me If I'm wrong. Thanks

The buses were already re-certified. That's why they are still in service now.

4899 is in.

These last 29 may be all, but it is a possibility that they could order more. This way MTA can use the remaining old buses until MCH opens in January. 

All the Orion VII's are scheduled to be overhauled, and re-powered with new engines which will extend their lives until at least 2020-2022. The new C40LF tanks are certified through 2032-2033.

Thanks for the answer. I'd give a +1, but I'm out for the day. Those OGs getting Cummins ISL G engines?

Question on the tanks: Any idea what construction they're using? Still heavy steel or they using the more modern plastic with carbon-fiber jacket?

Edited by Culver

4899 is in.

4899 has been here for a while now just at the Airport.

Thanks for the answer. I'd give a +1, but I'm out for the day. Those OGs getting Cummins ISL G engines?

Question on the tanks: Any idea what construction they're using? Still heavy steel or they using the more modern plastic with carbon-fiber jacket?

No, there are no DD50 to Cummins Westport ISL conversions going on. The Series 50G's are just receiving their scheduled 8 year ICO.

And the tanks, I believe, are made of some kind of carbon Kevlar composite. They still shoot them with a .44 magnum to display their durability.

4899 is in.

So the old C40s are scheduled to run until January 2013?

So the old C40s are planning to stay to Jan 2013?

Edited by mta B43

6588, 3711, 7011, 7076, 4847 & of course, 4899 (still) at JFK gas lot.

3712 & 6644 with the new front decal.

6644 has had that for a few weeks now -- more than just a decal, that's a whole new coat of paint and a six-year overhaul.

Not sure if bus move or whatever...

Just a loan from what I understand, bus is still assigned to TU.