MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

i think the m15 local/sbs wil go to 100 street with m60 to mch (where  it was origirinally ) m 31 to quill, 101,102,103 mv/mch split. also 104 to mv. is mch going to be  able to operarte artics?

well there's talk that amsterdam might open up temporally  but remember everything changes with the mind of the MTA and i forget which depot an earlier post in the forums said that would become a ta depot in manhattan

Edited by BreeddekalbL

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well there's talk that amsterdam might open up temporally  but remember everything changes with the mind of the MTA and i forget which depot an earlier post in the forums said that would become a ta depot in manhattan

remember ams isn't a artic depot which meens the m12lcl/sbs,m60  can't operate from there.

The MTA should have really looked long and hard about buying about 100 retired NJ Transit Nova RTSs for MTA Bus.

You know something, that's not a bad idea as those RTS buses (1999-2000) are YOUNGER that 4902-5249 (1998-1999) series...well by a year. Those can easily replace the Bee-Line Orions and ALL 1996 Novas.

It makes no sense to specaulate what going to happen with routes when MCH re-opens because it means abxolutely nothing......................you guys are forgetting something very important: 126 will close for demolition and that operation moves to the MCH site for as long as it takes.

Bill. Why waste your time with this statement. Things are not going to change. You think after ALL the last minute changes the MTA makes, some people would get the idea. No one is going to pay attention to that response and therefore it only aggrevate you when the speculation continues.

i think the m15 local/sbs wil go to 100 street with m60 to mch (where  it was origirinally ) m 31 to quill, 101,102,103 mv/mch split. also 104 to mv. is mch going to be  able to operarte artics?

remember ams isn't a artic depot which meens the m12lcl/sbs,m60  can't operate from there.

Like I said Bill...no one is going to pay attention to your statement. So don't aggrevate yourself. I look forward to your posts especially regarding Fresh Pond. By the way, Happy 2013!!!

Orion V #6007 is not in Castleton anymore. Its now at Kingsbridge bus. Saw it on the Bx3.

6158 is at the CS depot. It was seen (not by me) on the Q-48 on Friday afternoon. It has CS stickers on it.

6154 is also at the CS depot.

So wait a min...CAS is loosing some Orion Vs?

Also, there are NO Orion Vs on CAS routes at this time...

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

No it will not.  126 St. is a NYCT depot and the others are MABSTOA depots.  Different seniority altogether.

It would not make sense to send the M15 to 100 Street, IMO; the garage doesn't really have the room. If MCH is the temporary replacement for 126 Street, this is what I would do:

M15, M35, and M60 to Hale (with run-ons and run-offs being from St. Nicholas Avenue)

M31 to 100 Street (M96/M106 goes back to Manhattanville)

M116 to Manhattanville

M1 and M7 to Hale

No it will not. 126 St. is a NYCT depot and the others are MABSTOA depots. Different seniority altogether.

Not that it makes sense to argue or speculate about it now since the depot not closing until the beginning of next year, but the M15 route is going to go wherever most of the 126th drivers are going. That is most likely MCH, which is scheduled for a soft opening (whatever that means) at the end of the summer than a full opening in the beginning of 2014