MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

So when are they going to renumber 5341? I'm still not liking the whole renumbering system. Should've stuck with 6000s or go back to the 1290s thru 1300s and save themselves all this trouble.

5341 (the D60HF) is in storage at JFK. The remaining units in the way of the LFS artics are 5342 (if still around; 5340 is in service now), 5355, and 5358. (I doubt that it sees service.)

Also, 5332 was on the B44 tonight.

Edited by aemoreira81

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5341 (the D60HF) is in storage at JFK. The remaining units in the way of the LFS artics are 5342 (if still around; 5340 is in service now), 5355, and 5358. (I doubt that it sees service.)

Also, 5332 was on the B44 tonight.

Nope, 5340 is dead according to the roster, and now this: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/39966-what-i-found-on-march-4-2013-at-far-rockaway/

So when are they going to renumber 5341? I'm still not liking the whole renumbering system. Should've stuck with 6000s or go back to the 1290s thru 1300s and save themselves all this trouble.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there some D60s up in Eastchester storage painted and renumbered to 13xx a few months back?

Come to think of it maybe they'll send them to JFK...

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

You saw it?

Yess....i saw 4743...not 4748...idk what you was reading...

He is right 4743 IS at Kingbridge, saw it myself. (Pays to live in KB territory)

Yeahh...

He edited it, he posted 4748. Oh well..

I didnt post no 4748...all i edited it for was to change the font...but it was 4743 from the beginning...

now...4748 is at KB...according to the roster

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there some D60s up in Eastchester storage painted and renumbered to 13xx a few months back?

Come to think of it maybe they'll send them to JFK...

Yeah, but I don't think they covered 5341 and up. I thought they also renumbered some O5s in the 1300s? I lost track with the renumbering stuff, just too confusing...

And the old 5341 is at JFK smh 2 5341s.....

Yup. Lol, maybe number it as 15341? :)*

*like what they do with retired redbirds for work cars.

Wait a minute, JFK is getting artics before BP? WTH

I guess it makes sense since FR needs more buses cuz of the A still cut off from the Rockaways. JFK filling in for FR's needs can use the artics more. 

As of INITIAL report...JFK is to get 1300-1304, 4705, 4707-4709, 5433, 5509 from System Reserve Storage and THEN the best of the best of the 2000 D60HFs from KB and GH.

BP may very well get a few of these 2000 D60HFs from KB & GH as Baisley Park is ready to roll. Stops on Brewer are lengthened already and the depot is set up. There is a meeting of sorts tomorrow at HQ about the final roll out of Artics at these two depots. Stay Tuned!