MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If JFK and BP gets the articulated buses from NYCT, how many articulated buses will be assigned to both JFK and BP and will the 1995 Orion and 1996 Nova buses finally be retired with the arrivals of the articulated buses from NYCT?

25 Artics to JFK and yes, it will displace those buses.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

5822, 24, 25, 26, 27, 34, 36 & 37 have gone back to Quill.

Also, 5341 equipped with BusTime.

Woahh. so that means in the end ya'll will only have 41 Nova Artics??

So if 5822-5840 are going back to Quill. Then will those Novas be used for the M34/M34A. 

So if thats that...then Quill is officially not getting XD60s. 

Wouldn't say that, 25 buses to displace RTSs/hybrids to LGA and BP won't be enough to kill off the bees.

It would eliminate all thats at BP and a good chunk at LG. BP only has 11 and LG only has 38, plus LGA is getting buses from Jamaica and elsewhere so it can be enough.

LGA is bleeding bad for buses. JFK would have to send all 31 of their RTSs to LGA. The 20 RTSs that are at JAM will be returning to LGA. Im not sure when. There will be more than enough to fill the gap. Also, as for the bees, yeah its time, they are done.....51 RTSs?? Ooooohhhh :)

I wouldn't be surprised if some of JFK's RTS's get retired instead of moving to LGA. I would believe that some hybrids from BP will go to LGA to retire the last remaining Orion V's.

So at JFK the D60's will run on the Q6 and Q10?

And at BP Q111/Q113. Couldn't the Q8 be another line to put Artics on because I see a lot of Q8's crowded?

I don't see why BP would move out some of their O7s. If anything BP should move out their O5s and be all hybrids. If BP were getting the artics, then yeah they could move out some O7s and retire/displace all their O5s.

At this point I kinda like the few ex BL O5s, but I'm an RTS guy and I just think the ex Nyct RTSs are just a little better than the BL O5s. That's probably the difference maker.

=

On an unrelated note, if LGA is having issues dealing with so many buses, why not give the Q53 to JFK/FR? That should free up some space for buses they won't need to worry about for that line. That way, maybe they could run artics on the Q53 especially for the summer crowds?

I wouldn't be surprised if some of JFK's RTS's get retired instead of moving to LGA. I would believe that some hybrids from BP will go to LGA to retire the last remaining Orion V's.

So at JFK the D60's will run on the Q6 and Q10?

And at BP Q111/Q113. Couldn't the Q8 be another line to put Artics on because I see a lot of Q8's crowded?

The Q8 is not slammed from end to end like the Q6 and Q10 is.

The Q8 is not slammed from end to end like the Q6 and Q10 is.

Sometimes it is usually during rush hours and Saturday nights, but I think the reason is because the buses bunch up and the first one that comes is usually the packed one and you can't really see the next bus because its about a few minutes behind the crowded one. The second one usually is either almost empty or SRO.

Sometimes it is usually during rush hours and Saturday nights, but I think the reason is because the buses bunch up and the first one that comes is usually the packed one and you can't really see the next bus because its about a few minutes behind the crowded one. The second one usually is either almost empty or SRO.

I think the Q60 is a candidate too