MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I don't know what happened to the engines they sound different. They sound like a 1995-96 and a 1999 Orion put together. Those 8600's were still pretty good but the MTA just scraps them any way after they reach the retirement age. The MTA should of also kept a lot of good 1995-1996 RTS's that they scrapped like 8750 this bus should of been preserved. It's sad because the New Flyer C40LF's from 2011-2013 will all be gone by 2023-25 when they could last until 2028-2029

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ex-Bees are 17 and 18 years old, however. This is really where the MTA should have considered not scrapping the 8600s.

BTW, also add 9551 to the scrap line.

9551 is not scrap it's still listed at QV it's just a East Chester because they will attempt to work their magic & fix the bus. It has parts taken off but they will try & fix it.

Just saw 6032 on the S78. I think that bus came from Casey Stengel or Kingsbridge. Whatever the case, the bus has GPS.

It came from KB it was transferred Friday evening - over the weekend.

3713 is parked at JFK Depot marked OOS

That bus has been at JFK..

Almost halfway done. Nice. The remaining Flatbush 53xx units have all been built/finishing up and are just waiting delivery, right?

Yes, they are up in jersey waiting for acceptance. Some go down to Zerega and the drivers pick them up from there or Cummins right up the block. There's a Cummins along Zerega Avenue & there's one in jersey right off the highway.

We're in the process of securing new code sheets. Once we get those, the list will be updated.

It's scrapped.

Yeah I know, there's no fixing that one if you think about it. I was on it for the last time on Sunday. They just moved it an hour or so ago.