MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet if 1305/06 were at S.I they would be beat to shit already..

I've been seeing 1305 a lot lately, mostly on the Q28. I spot it today NIS on Francis Lewis..  1306 I haven't seen much.

I have a question:

Why do buses like 6134 say (MTA) bus instead of (MTA) New York City Bus? Shouldn't it be changed?

I've been seeing 1305 a lot lately, mostly on the Q28. I spot it today NIS on Francis Lewis..  1306 I haven't seen much.

I have a question:

Why do buses like 6134 say (MTA) bus instead of (MTA) New York City Bus? Shouldn't it be changed?

1305 and 1306 are already beat to shit! LOL!

6134 was a mistake. Same goes for 6328 and a bunch of other Orion Vs.

Yup, their Vs have always been junk. Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

You would think that with the opening of Charleston and Meredith that things would have gotten better but sadly this is not the case. Makes me wonder how long their 2200/2300s are going to last. :(

1305 and 1306 are already beat to shit! LOL!

6134 was a mistake. Same goes for 6328 and a bunch of other Orion Vs.

Well considering those buses are 17 years old and still rolling around, something about those buses must have been worth keeping them for a little while longer.

Edited by LRG

I have a question:

1305 and 1306 were originally in SI when they were 639 and 647 respectively. Buses 631-680 were assigned at Yukon on the local lines so I bet they've seen better days as they already have.

You would think that with the opening of Charleston and Meredith that things would have gotten better but sadly this is not the case. Makes me wonder how long their 2200/2300s are going to last. :(

Well considering those buses are 17 years old and still rolling around, something about those buses must have been worth keeping them for a little while longer.

Those 22/2300s should be fine. I remember the first week when Yukon got those 2200s in 2008....problems arose in such fashion with the way they were getting torn apart.

Edited by Cait Sith

Yeah, not many road calls.

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

+ http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_Fleet_Roster

Updated... And for once:

926 WF.png to Scrap
2056 YU.png to CH.png
2188 MA.png to CH.png
2209 MA.png to CA.png
2805 CA.png to MA.png
2860 MA.png to CA.png
4752 NEW to KB.png
4762-4763 NEW to GH.png
5345-5346 NEW to FB.png
5823, 5828, 5835 FB.png to MQ.png
6042, 6047, 6055 CS.png to CH.png
6221 CH.png to GH.png
6223 to CH.png
6285 CH.png to CA.png
6350 to GA.png (Pending Museum Bus)
9887, 9996 CP.png to Scrap

Edited by SevenEleven
Fleet Roster Updated

O6. Funny, I remember when that bus was brand new, used to catch it all the time on the M5...and now they're thinking of it for the museum. Tell you how time flies. 

Gonna label this as a typo and look at MHV's post above. It's an Orion VI Hybrid.

Yep.

orion v

The last Orion V is numbered 6349.

I'm glad an O6 will be preserved. I'd like to walk thru the interior one more time in person. Btw is that one of those suburban seated bus or just the hard plastic one? I remember years ago getting a ride on the M103 and it had the suburban seats. Even though the seats were ok, the ride wasn't that great. I don't think I enjoyed the ride very much, but then again it was a long time ago when I rode it.

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

+ http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_Fleet_Roster

Updated... And for once:

926 WF.png to Scrap

2056 YU.png to CH.png

2188 MA.png to CH.png

2209 MA.png to CA.png

2805 CA.png to MA.png

2860 MA.png to CA.png

4752 NEW to KB.png

4762-4763 NEW to GH.png

5345-5346 NEW to FB.png

5823, 5828, 5835 FB.png to MQ.png

6042, 6047, 6055 CS.png to CH.png

6221 CH.png to GH.png

6223 to CH.png

6285 CH.png to CA.png

6350 to GA.png (Pending Museum Bus)

9887, 9996 CP.png to Scrap

Great, now 6042 6047 and 6055 are gonna RIP.. I thought I saw 6055 on the Q28 recently..

does MJQ really need a huge total of LFSAs since it only has 4 local routes and also, any update on when the (A) is back to the Rockaways?

Well it has the M14A M14D M23 M79 which are heavy routes...that uses about 60 LFSAa during rush hour...then they have extra 24-30 for extra service and now for the soon to be M34 and M34A

I'm glad an O6 will be preserved. I'd like to walk thru the interior one more time in person. Btw is that one of those suburban seated bus or just the hard plastic one? I remember years ago getting a ride on the M103 and it had the suburban seats. Even though the seats were ok, the ride wasn't that great. I don't think I enjoyed the ride very much, but then again it was a long time ago when I rode it.

The suburban looking ones were New Jersey Transit spec'd when they were testing them and the other ones were MTA spec'd