MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

does MJQ really need a huge total of LFSAs since it only has 4 local routes and also, any update on when the (A) is back to the Rockaways? 

Yes, when Quill first started getting their LFSAs, they had 78-80 D60HFs depending on how far back you go. Take the 28 LFSAs for the M34, leaves 68. Short of 78, but there's nothing stopping Quill from getting more artics. Dunno if the option is still good on the order but if it is, we can pick up more buses as needed.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does 1252 still belong to 126st depot? I was checking bus time and I saw it on bx15. It had the GPS activated. This is my first post

sorry If i wrote this in the wrong forum.

1252 always has been assigned to 126th. The GPS just glitches out to make it appear on the Bx15 when its actually sitting at the depot.

Does 1252 still belong to 126st depot? I was checking bus time and I saw it on bx15. It had the GPS activated. This is my first post

sorry If i wrote this in the wrong forum.

bustime sometimes gives false id's and yes it still does belong to 126 

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Yes, when Quill first started getting their LFSAs, they had 78-80 D60HFs depending on how far back you go. Take the 28 LFSAs for the M34, leaves 68. Short of 78, but there's nothing stopping Quill from getting more artics. Dunno if the option is still good on the order but if it is, we can pick up more buses as needed.

doesnt the M34/A SBS service has 3800-3827 which is enough for both routes for SBS?

doesnt the M34/A SBS service has 3800-3827 which is enough for both routes for SBS?

The route was supposed to get converted to artics, but since they originally sent a number of buses down to Flatbush after Sandy, that changed. They might get converted this time around.

The route was supposed to get converted to artics, but since they originally sent a number of buses down to Flatbush after Sandy, that changed. They might get converted this time around.

so this means after those LFSAs are converted to M34/A SBS, the original 3800-3827 will be unwrapped then where will it be at?

the original 3800-3827 will be unwrapped then where will it be at?

WE DON'T KNOW

EDIT: Updated-

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_MTA_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

Notes:

• 5493 is being stored at Far Rockaway for the training done out there. They are not getting artics.
  • 7004 is assigned and being fueled at Meredith but it is still in service on CA routes. Once it gets a fuel back in at CA, it'll be moved back.
Edited by SevenEleven
Depot Roster Updated

so this means after those LFSAs are converted to M34/A SBS, the original 3800-3827 will be unwrapped then where will it be at?

What are we, psychics?! We don't know where they are going/if they are going anywhere. Just wait and see like the rest of us.

Edited by Cait Sith

To correct my post, there will be 22 LFSAs wrapped. So make the adjustments, that's 74 left for everywhere else. Just about enough for everywhere else.

I saw 5840 running up FB av this afternoon. I guess it must've been for the last time. Oh well, at least I got to see 4 artics for the last time here in Brooklyn this month.

@armani, ENY has a bunch of 8700-9000s buses. I'm sure they'd gladly take some slightly younger buses (provided there are no problems with them).

Edited by Grand Concourse

So is 4899 going to enter service some time this decade? It spent two months being delivered, got to NYC a month ago and is now...somewhere?

I dont even care about that bus anymore...im waiting patiently...and it still didnt arrive yet...maybe if I just forget about it...it might come faster...besides i have 4810-4896 to enjoy...

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

So is 4899 going to enter service some time this decade? It spent two months being delivered, got to NYC a month ago and is now... somewhere?

God, the impatience is unbearable. "The bus" don't own an explanation to why it has not yet see service. The bus is new, you can't expect to see it out and about right away. When you see it, you'll know soon.

I dont even care about that bus anymore...im waiting patiently...and it still didnt arrive yet...maybe if I just forget about it...it might come

faster...besides i have 4810-4896 to enjoy...

Edited by Metro CSW

God, the impatience is unbearable. "The bus" don't own an explanation to why it has not yet see service. The bus is new, you can't expect to see it out and about right away. When you see it, you'll know soon.

I just found it odd that it seems to be in limbo for so long. I don't personally care; just that other buses seem to get delivered and then listed at some depot and this one for some reason is different.

I just found it odd that it seems to be in limbo for so long. I don't personally care; just that other buses seem to get delivered and then listed at some depot and this one for some reason is different.

Maybe some last minute spec changes to it...remember how it was supposed to come with a DD11 engine, then they changed it to that Maxforce crap...probably still having some sort of engine problems to it

Edited by Fresh Pond