MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think for the JFK/Far Rockaway part of the roster...maybe you should...

Take the D60HFs off under Far Rockaway artic fleet....and just leave the Far Rockaway part of the roster...under Split Route with the Q11, put the Q52....since the D60s aren't at Far Rockaway...you see what I mean?

No, because 5502 and 5504 are assigned to FR, hence why there are listed there. I see what you're getting at though.

Edited by SevenEleven

Are the D60's only running on the Liberty Avenue runs? I havent seen any in upper Queens by the mall.

So Im guessing the Orion V CNGs are retiring really soon... the old C40's not so soon. JG is getting 14 more C40's, meanwhile there are still 16   old ones left. Also, they still have the 5 in The Bronx. So there should still be a few left...

Also, how come 740 and 746 stayed in service? Were they express bus spares or just really good units? Seems to make no sense why they would save those instead of the newer 99 units...

Those two in particular have been in great shape. The last set of V CNGs in each depot are considered to be the best ones to last.

I don't know much about bus motors and stuff like that, but #740 had a roar and bounce on it when I rode it on the Q52. I guess that's a good roar then.

I don't know much about bus motors and stuff like that, but #740 had a roar and bounce on it when I rode it on the Q52. I guess that's a good roar then.

That's pretty much like every other V CNGs we've ever had. The suburbans always had a type of bounce to them.

Guest MTA Bus

Are the D60's only running on the Liberty Avenue runs? I havent seen any in upper Queens by the mall.

So Im guessing the Orion V CNGs are retiring really soon... the old C40's not so soon. JG is getting 14 more C40's, meanwhile there are still 16 old ones left. Also, they still have the 5 in The Bronx. So there should still be a few left...

Also, how come 740 and 746 stayed in service? Were they express bus spares or just really good units? Seems to make no sense why they would save those instead of the newer 99 units...

Yeo, between Liberty Av & Arverne.

So Im guessing the Orion V CNGs are retiring really soon... the old C40's not so soon. JG is getting 14 more C40's, meanwhile there are still 16 old ones left. Also, they still have the 5 in The Bronx. So there should still be a few left...

JG is said to retire the older ones when these new ones come in. Well 660's first day in service was yesterday. 661 is next to come to JG, but I doubt them older C40's are going so soon they are short now. 740 & 746 are in service because JFK needs them.