MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats exactly what it is...JG maintains very well...so if 37 are out of service...it has to be repowering...so does this mean Orion Vs on JG routes?

I would say no but any things possible at the moment. That's why the C40's (old ones) are still kicking because they're short right now very short. When they brought the RTSs there last year we thought they were for repairs and they went in service. But I will be on the lookout to see if the Orion V's will go in service.

just saw a O5 on the :bus_bullet_b9: from my house looked like 6315

Lucky I just stood outside for a little trying to see one would ever appear on the :bus_bullet_b16::bus_bullet_b63: or ::bus_bullet_b70: and I didnt see one although I was lucky enuf to catch 2 old new flyer c40lfs 881 on the :bus_bullet_b16: and 902 on the :bus_bullet_b70:

just saw a O5 on the :bus_bullet_b9: from my house looked like 6315

You didn't see it, they're still Out Of Service lol, 6315 is a Yukon bus it's on the S57 now. Btw all remaining 7 O5 CNG's from CP transferred over officially into LGA and they sent 8756, 8902 & 8971 to CP for work. Edited by ciboii22

Thing is.. How are they fueling them? CNG station blew up when TA took over.. They're most likely sending them to CP to be fueled..

After the operator finishes their last run after 8PM, they deadhead straight to CP to refuel, and in the next morning, they pick up the buses. They only park the buses at LGA between the AM and PM rush, and just before the AM rush..

Edited by -CT1660-

Don't put your hopes up with the 6000s going into service over at JG. It's highly unlikely that they will.

Also, I got a bit of a backstory about those 2000s at College Point. They are using them out until its time for them to get officially scrapped. They are not involved with the LIRR shuttles or anything of that sort, it's for regular service.

Edited by Cait Sith

Were there any diesels today on the JG lines?

I doubt they will (like Cait Sith has mentioned).... they're probably there for maintenance just like the occasional RTS or diesel Orion 5 that pops up at College Point.

Edited by mtattrain