MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFK's and FR's fleet are essentially interchagned daily.

Yup, but it seems lately almost 90% of the Q35s I see are JFK. So far other than the 9400 on the B41, it's been rather mundane along Flatbush. Nothing out of the ordinary other than a once in a while NG from jfk on the Q35. I still haven't seen another artic q35 since june.

=

ciboii22, on 25 Aug 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:
I reported 5089 & 5115 at MQ. I shot 5089 on the M9 the next day & I went to quill and saw 5115 on the roof. I knew they were going there because I asked a GM.

UP setting up a swap soon? Seems odd to split or keep some zf Rtss when they should all be in one place.
Edited by Grand Concourse

I received word earlier that GH depot will be losing their "shorties" ALL 75 of their NG 0-7 hybrids will be going to MTA Bus. Replacing the "shorties" as GH calls them, will be 75 1999 O-5s from possibly ECH and what ever other depots. As more info is given to me I will post it that is all for now 1 favor please? Try not to derail this topic thanks. This will happen shortly after the fall pick starts.

Unless MTA bus is that desperate for new buses, I just can't see it. Otoh, I guess it could mean no new buses (excluding potential new artic orders) for Mta bus as NYCT gets all the new 40' buses for the time being. But it can't be all at once. If there's a bus shortage (gonna be hard to justify taking buses across the board from the other depots), then why should GH get the old buses in exchange?

881, 902, 958, 983 last remainding 4 at JG.

Saw 881 last week on the B9. Wow, end of an era. Can't believe there are just 4 left there. Any of the older models running in the Bronx?

Bill from Maspeth, on 24 Aug 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Since it was announced by MTA that all hybrids @ MTA bus will be converted to diesel, what happens to these 75 when/if they go to MTA bus?
Good question. I wonder if this is to help out MTA bus while those og buses are being taken out for conversion? I don't see why they would need to convert those (the nyct ones). Also the MTA hybrids, was that just for the og or does it include the NGs that JFK and LGA have as well?

Yup, but it seems lately almost 90% of the Q35s I see are JFK. So far other than the 9400 on the B41, it's been rather mundane along Flatbush. Nothing out of the ordinary other than a once in a while NG from jfk on the Q35. I still haven't seen another artic q35 since june.

=

UP setting up a swap soon? Seems odd to split or keep some zf Rtss when they should all be in one place.

Quill needs buses because their either sending theirs out to get fixed or over hauled or loaning theirs to other garages.

Unless MTA bus is that desperate for new buses, I just can't see it. Otoh, I guess it could mean no new buses (excluding potential new artic orders) for Mta bus as NYCT gets all the new 40' buses for the time being. But it can't be all at once. If there's a bus shortage (gonna be hard to justify taking buses across the board from the other depots), then why should GH get the old buses in exchange?

Saw 881 last week on the B9. Wow, end of an era. Can't believe there are just 4 left there. Any of the older models running in the Bronx?

Bill from Maspeth, on 24 Aug 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Good question. I wonder if this is to help out MTA bus while those og buses are being taken out for conversion? I don't see why they would need to convert those (the nyct ones). Also the MTA hybrids, was that just for the og or does it include the NGs that JFK and LGA have as well?

Hell no lol... The Bronx got rid of theirs months ago.. They're sitting in EC Storage/Scrap.

=

Q35 got RTS and alot of em...

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Yes, but I'd say it's like 50/50 Rts or Og on the Q35.

ciboii: Ok, so just loaners, seems odd they'd be the zfs instead of some other 5000s bus (but I know quill has dealt with them, so fine).

I'm not in the Bronx often and didn't know. So those 4 at JG are indeed the last 4 left. Gonna miss them, but not in any need/urgency to chase any. I've rode them enough and the new ones are sorta the same anyway.

Yes, but I'd say it's like 50/50 Rts or Og on the Q35.

ciboii: Ok, so just loaners, seems odd they'd be the zfs instead of some other 5000s bus (but I know quill has dealt with them, so fine).

I'm not in the Bronx often and didn't know. So those 4 at JG are indeed the last 4 left. Gonna miss them, but not in any need/urgency to chase any. I've rode them enough and the new ones are sorta the same anyway.

I still have yet to ride those oldies.

Because its officially reserved and there are only 6 C40s in the storage yard 812, 824, 855, 859, 942, and 978, on the scrap side are 873 and 980, also a question: since there are these 8 remaining in EC the rest, excluding the still in service ones, have since been stripped and demolished? I'm asking this because damn they took them out so quick.

Edited by mta B43

Because its officially reserved and there are only 6 C40s in the storage yard 812, 824, 855, 859, 942, and 978, on the scrap side are 873 and 980, also a question: since there are these 8 remaining in EC the rest, excluding the still in service ones, have since been stripped and demolished? I'm asking this because damn they took them out so quick.

ill tell you this, they're removing stuff out of SRS. 9308 was in SRS and it was removed the other day, heard it was dragged out of EC, 1992 was on SRS, it's sitting against the gate at EC taken apart, bunch of stuff.. I didn't even see 873 or 980, today I saw 818, 920, 945, 878 & 902. The ones in EC have their #'s removed and some of the insides taken out. There's only 3-4 left in Rev. Service at JG.

But none of the C40s at SRS are taken apart or anything, also Zerega still has 839 and 979. And yes 873 and 980 were there but they were in the scrap lot with their decals and logos removed and ready for towing to the shredder.

well the last Bronx units are still together. Those weren't in the SRS last time I checked, they were on the scrap list. But they're probably just gonna hold them, don't think there's anything wrong with them. But 818 & the others that just left Gleason last week they can still use them they can get another year out of them they just wanted to get rid of them now.. They can all last another year they're just looking at the frames.

Were they sent to reserve side or scrap side?

Well honestly there really isn't a reserve or scrap side. They have 9464 on reserve & it's sitting on the scrap side by the highway side, and they have 812 and the others listed as scrap and those are on the bigger lot where EC stores their revenue service buses. But I don't think they'll reserve one for the museum.. Heard 4904 was suppose to be a museum bus and the insides are a big mess they might get rid of it.