MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1217 headed towards ENY depot. Since they are renovating that depot to be able to handle artics, I would guess that they need 1217 for clearance testing...

Base shops is there as well.. It's probably heading there for work. I saw about 2 of them inside EN earlier this morning couldn't see the #'s though.

1217 headed towards ENY depot. Since they are renovating that depot to be able to handle artics, I would guess that they need 1217 for clearance testing...

Base shops is there as well.. It's probably heading there for work. I saw about 2 of them inside EN earlier this morning couldn't see the #'s though.

TA and OA buses don't usually go to MTAB facilities to get worked on. And being that it was going there from Zerega, I thought that there's nothing that they can do there that we can't do here. I was wrong...We don't have the correct stationary saftey stands or adapters to do heavy work on the bus. And since 1217 is the pilot bus for the 4 year overhaul program that the 12xx series LFSA's are going to be put through next year, it needs HSO work done to it. So, yes it went to MTAB CMF to be worked on.

TA and OA buses don't usually go to MTAB facilities to get worked on. And being that it was going there from Zerega, I thought that there's nothing that they can do there that we can't do here. I was wrong...We don't have the correct stationary saftey stands or adapters to do heavy work on the bus. And since 1217 is the pilot bus for the 4 year overhaul program that the 12xx series LFSA's are going to be put through next year, it needs HSO work done to it. So, yes it went to MTAB CMF to be worked on.

Ahh, now I see...

6097, 6292 running on the B60 & 6338 on the B38 (Grand Avenue)

6338 is IN SERVICE at Grand Avenue. My guess is it was sent for maintenance and pulled for service as a loaner, but damn.

According to my morning operator on the B57, Grand Ave. is keeping around 20 Orion V's (6000 series from 1999) and is sending a like number of hybrids to Staten Island (don't know which depot).

This morning (Fri. 8/31) was the first day of operation of these transferees.  Early this morning he saw one go to the B24 and another one to the B48.  He re-qualified on the Orion V yesterday.  The wheelchair lift operates differently than on the RTS.

Ok so what buses will GA transfer out?

They aren't transferring anything out at the moment.. They're just short & they're gonna use the 05's. But I did speak to a family member of mine who works there (not a driver).. He said they're gonna get rid of the next gens, no I don't know where they're going or what's gonna replace them.

Maybe the reason is IMO that since the RTSes r being loaned to YU and so GA probably sent out a few and they decided to put some Orion CS in service

No.. There's only 2-3 RTSs on loan to SI from GA & that's only week days.

I think the next gens will go to Yukon Depot. Just sayin'

I heard from my friend who works of out Yukon that SI, (specifically Yukon and Charleston) might be receiving somewhere around 40-50 some NGs. As for which depots, I'm not sure yet. Edited by S78 via Hylan