MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

the following have been added to ECH storage and will not likely become scrap: 8904, 9006, 8809, 8794, 8804, 8793, 8764, 8810, 8781, 8797, 8860, 8864, 8918, 9163, 8848, 9037, 8829, 8756, 8796. However, the following have DO NOT STRIP written on them.: 8796, 8756, 8829, 9037, 8848, 9163, 8918, 8864, 8860. Any other changes I ll post them.

None of those buses mentioned are going into storage. They failed DOT inspection and will be fixed and returned to service

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think JA is going to move there NG. If UP Sends 45 93xx & 94xx there are enough LFS nobody will be short. In the end it will look like this.

9390-94?? TO QV

8045-8089 TO JA

4900-4944 TO UP

I dont know where all of these shortages are coming from. Seem like a simple even swap.

It's not an even swap tho.... JA are losing those NGs...

There's NOT enough 97 Novas to cover the loss of LFS's to JA

NG's and Novas to QV...

Novas to UP...

JA gets LFS's

Jamaica still ends up short unless they aren't sending ALL 49xx's to UP...

None of those buses mentioned are going into storage. They failed DOT inspection and will be fixed and returned to service

since when do MTA buses go through DOT inspection? I know TA and OA buses are exempt from DOT inspection. Maybe it is an MTAB thing...

Does anyone know when Mother Clara Hale Depot will be opened? I want to see some Diesel back on the BX21 :lol:  

The exterior is pretty close to finishing, but right now it's looking like late Spring-Summer 2014 at the earliest. Not sure when 126th gets the eviction notice...

Edited by MHV9218

It's not an even swap tho.... JA are losing those NGs...

There's NOT enough 97 Novas to cover the loss of LFS's to JA

NG's and Novas to QV...

Novas to UP...

JA gets LFS's

Jamaica still ends up short unless they aren't sending ALL 49xx's to UP...

Lets not say this just yet....

And if your right then its 4900-4940, 4942-4944. 4941 is scrapped its actually shredded into pieces (months ago).

And how do you know this????

Fresh Pond is right.... All NYCT buses that go to TA bus have to be DOT certified.. If they DO NOT pass inspection then they have to get fixed or whatever is wrong with them. For MTA Bus its mandatory.. NYCT doesn't have to get their buses DOT certified.. I didn't know this until someone told me this summer.

Heard like 3-4 Vs on the B38 when I was in LG at my friend's house & saw 2 Vs with yukon stickers still on both on the B60 when I took it today. (BTW that was my first time on the B60 and I hope I never have to take that bus again the service totally sucks.) Looks like GA still getting more. And to be clear they're replacing the NGs not the RTSs right ?

Edited by E For Erica

Lets not say this just yet....

And if your right then its 4900-4940, 4942-4944. 4941 is scrapped its actually shredded into pieces (months ago).

Fresh Pond is right.... All NYCT buses that go to TA bus have to be DOT certified.. If they DO NOT pass inspection then they have to get fixed or whatever is wrong with them. For MTA Bus its mandatory.. NYCT doesn't have to get their buses DOT certified.. I didn't know this until someone told me this summer.

MTA Bus's buses require DOT certification since NYCDOT still funds MTA Bus...