MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grand Ave is gonna look like a staten island depot pretty soon. But the more Vs the better & they should trade out some 94xx's for some 5xxx's

Get ready for this:

6312 was on the B62

6325 was on the B38 (already reported)

9669 was on the B26

9667 was on the B57 (I caught this bus in Bed Stuy)

Its about damn time GA got some 96xxs.

Edited by Micstromme

Get ready for this:

6312 was on the B62

6325 was on the B38 (already reported)

9669 was on the B26

9667 was on the B57 (I caught this bus in Bed Stuy)

Its about damn time GA got some 96xxs.

They been had 9600's.. 9667 was at GA for a couple weeks now I believe. Didn't know about 9669, they have 9670 too I heard.

The B26 is a Fresh Pond route, but the rest of them aren't. The B62 and B57 are a part of the Grand Avenue Depot.

I'm VERY aware of that fact.  But he was citing 9600's and saying it was about time GA got 9600's while citing a FP route (B26).

From going over previous posts:

Grand Avenue:

6097, 6146, 6169, 6194, 6280, 6285, 6289, 6292, 6297, 6298, 6312, 6316, 6325, 6338, 6348

I know it's foaming but I was on 6097 yesterday morning on the B57.  I noticed that the stop requested signal is still the strips on the walls, it was not modified to the pull rope.  I was under the impression that all the Orion V's were so modified, obviously not.

I'm VERY aware of that fact.  But he was citing 9600's and saying it was about time GA got 9600's while citing a FP route (B26).

I know it's foaming but I was on 6097 yesterday morning on the B57.  I noticed that the stop requested signal is still the strips on the walls, it was not modified to the pull rope.  I was under the impression that all the Orion V's were so modified, obviously not.

You should see the Stengal Orion Vs. I'd say the majority of the 6000s there still haven't been modified.

Staten Island vandals used to cut the wires for the push tape bell, and the air assist rear door, so ones which had been really messed up were changed to pull cords for the bell and some had the back door air assist fixed/modified.

vandals? More like annoyed bus drivers...