Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
T J Trainman

MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers. Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Message added by Cait Sith

Are you 2 previous posters accusing the bus operators of sabotage?

Sometimes the operators do it themselves...take these new buses for example. I highly doubt the average person knows how to disable that "purse exit through the rear door" announcement.

Sometimes the operators do it themselves...take these new buses for example. I highly doubt the average person knows how to disable that "purse exit through the rear door" announcement.

Ditto that notion 

Are you 2 previous posters accusing the bus operators of sabotage?

Most of the time the drivers do it themselves. Like with any of the buses that have the sensor to open the rear doors in place of the touch tape. Drivers will cover the sensor with tape so when someone is standing in the rear doorway, the "please move away from the doors" message is not constantly playing.

Most of the time the drivers do it themselves. Like with any of the buses that have the sensor to open the rear doors in place of the touch tape. Drivers will cover the sensor with tape so when someone is standing in the rear doorway, the "please move away from the doors" message is not constantly playing.

* Charleston B/Os *

And what would they be annoyed about? <_<

I'm pretty sure hearing them announcements constantly over the course of at least 8 hours is annoying and would make anyone's patience wear thin

• Upvote 2

I sympathize with the bus operators on that issue. That announcement is annoying as hell, especially on a packed bus.

I sympathize with the bus operators on that issue. That announcement is annoying as hell, especially on a packed bus.

I never really understood why the first half batch of Ngs don't have those annoying "touch yellow tape to open doors" announcements, but the second batch does. Naturally, there seems to be more of the buses that do have those announcements as opposed to not having them.

Also, is there any more 96xxs at Grand Avenue? I'm just curious as to what else (besides Orion Vs) are they receiving.

I never really understood why the first half batch of Ngs don't have those annoying "touch yellow tape to open doors" announcements, but the second batch does. Naturally, there seems to be more of the buses that do have those announcements as opposed to not having them.

There were a bunch of spec changes done throughout the NG order. That was just one of the many.

I'm pretty sure hearing them announcements constantly over the course of at least 8 hours is annoying and would make anyone's patience wear thin

The announcements I get, but why cut the stop request cords and perform the other acts of vandalism that MCI noted?  :huh:

QV only has 4472,4477, and 4479. Stop all these lies. Stengal is short buses so 4472 4477 9376 and 9624 were loaned to them. Jamaica has 8045-8046, 8050-8052,8060,8069-8071 and few others probably.

That's why I saw 4477 on the Q20B last week with QV decals........

The announcements I get, but why cut the stop request cords and perform the other acts of vandalism that MCI noted? :huh:

to try and delay the inevitable. They try to convince the road dispatchers that they need to take the bus back to the depot and get another bus...

to try and delay the inevitable. They try to convince the road dispatchers that they need to take the bus back to the depot and get another bus...

LMAO... Like playing hooky... I like that....

That's just what I heard. I don't believe it tho

I never rode it before tho. Is it the same as the 2005-2007 Orion VII Hybrids

Its pretty much the same thing, its an older engine in the green ones (ISB-04) compared to everything else (ISB-07)

Oh & I heard fresh pond might get the Orion VII OG hybrids from QV (The hybrids with the green signs)

6452 and 6460 to Manhattanville from QV.

• Upvote 1