MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of the RTS feet, Which RTS do you guys like better? 4900s-5000s or 8000s, 9000s, 9100s-9500s, and 9600s? My vote is for the 4900s-5000s. I like the signs on those RTSs better and the engine. And that ZF transmission on the 5100s was the jump off. :)

Nova RTS. 4900-5249 and 9350-9699.

To everyone and their moms who keep asking about an updated roster, please keep in mind that the staff and the administrators of TTMG do have lives you know. Also, keep in mind that there are a lot of moves going on that's pretty hard to track. So when things calm down, then we may see an updated roster.

I don't know if this was already reported, but I saw 3689 on the Q113 this morning with Baisley Park stickers.

Something is going on between JFK, FR and BP. BP has been loaning it's bees to FR as of late, and now a JFK bus has been transferred to BP. 174, which is a BP bus, has been running on the Q52 with BP & JFK stickers (which implies that this bus may actually be at JFK). Also, there has been a LOT of RTS running on the Q22, Q52 & Q35, especially the Q22 with half the route RTS (all from JFK). The Q52 & Q35 has lately been seeing D60's from JFK as well.

Also, from what i've been told, FR/JFK & BP can't loan buses since they are different unions... which doesn't make sense from what i've seen (unless those bees have actually been transferred to FR & JFK, hence the JFK sticker on 174).

This is what i've seen from the past few days:

• 174 on the Q52 with BP and JFK stickers
  • 180 on the Q35 with BP stickers
  • 1013 on the Q35
  • A few RTS on the Q35
  • Half of the Q22 JFK's RTS
  • Some of JFK's RTS on the Q52
  • Arctic on the Q11 or Q52
  • 350x's on the Q60 

I know JFK is short on buses, but what's with all the other moves and loans? It's as if FR & JFK just share buses regardless of where they are assigned to. What also baffles me is that even after the summer JFK is still helping out FR routes. (Could this possibly have to do with FR depot still damaged from Sandy? Last I saw it looked normal). Also, as I mentioned, i've been seeing FR buses on JFK routes, such as the other day coming home from school I got 3504 on the Q60.

Also, on a side note, what's with 1027? The bus got renumbered and sent to ECH. It's been sitting in the scrap side of ECH for a while now, against the fence closest to the street and away from the highway.

For those of you who don't know, ALL the Orion V CNGs that were on the Save side of ECH are now in the scrap lot or gone (yes, even 7252). The six Old C40LFs are still sitting there, and a bunch of bees still there. There were also a whole bunch of RTS from LGA next to the fence on the save side, but as most know those are awaiting DOT inspection. (It seems once those RTS go back to LGA, the remaining Orion V CNG's might go, despite the fact that they are still running at CP).

Edited by 4P3607

4472 was moved to Casey Stengel today. It was on the Q44 (of all routes) with Casey Stengel depot stickers.

It has been at Stengel for a week, but I didn't see the CS stickers. I'm pretty sure I saw it yesterday on the Q44 still with QV stickers...

I believe CS is short on buses. So QV is loaning them a few buses, 4472 is one of the loaned buses spotted frequently. GojiMet86 spotted a QV RTS on the Q48 a few days ago.

Credit to GojiMet86

Edited by R44 CNG

I know JFK is short on buses, but what's with all the other moves and loans? It's as if FR & JFK just share buses regardless of where they are assigned to. What also baffles me is that even after the summer JFK is still helping out FR routes. (Could this possibly have to do with FR depot still damaged from Sandy? Last I saw it looked normal). Also, as I mentioned, i've been seeing FR buses on JFK routes, such as the other day coming home from school I got 3504 on the Q60.

Its as if JFK and FR depots have merged, and the buses aren't assigned to one or the other but both.

Also, on a side note, what's with 1027? The bus got renumbered and sent to ECH. It's been sitting in the scrap side of ECH for a while now, against the fence closest to the street and away from the highway.

For those of you who don't know, ALL the Orion V CNGs that were on the Save side of ECH are now in the scrap lot or gone (yes, even 7252). The six Old C40LFs are still sitting there, and a bunch of bees still there. There were also a whole bunch of RTS from LGA next to the fence on the save side, but as most know those are awaiting DOT inspection. (It seems once those RTS go back to LGA, the remaining Orion V CNG's might go, despite the fact that they are still running at CP).

You know what my guess is, that since LGAs RTSes got sent to EC for inspection, they ran out of room so they moved the Orion V CNGs to the scrap side for a temporary time so maybe some Orion V CNGs will come back to the storage side, when the RTSes leave