MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if 5209 would pass DOT inspection during its stay at JFK....most of the 5000's that were loaned to LGA didn't pass DOT inspection from what i've heard...

NYC Transit, MaBSTOA, and MTA Bus Company buses are not subject to inspection by the New York State Department of Transportation. Their service vehicles are not subject to instepction by the Department of Motor Vehicles either.

NYC Transit, MaBSTOA, and MTA Bus Company buses are not subject to inspection by the New York State Department of Transportation. Their service vehicles are not subject to instepction by the Department of Motor Vehicles either.

The ones from MTA Bus have to go through DOT inspection before hitting the streets. A lot of LGA RTS recently failed DOT inspection so they were sent to ECH to get fixed.

The ones from MTA Bus have to go through DOT inspection before hitting the streets. A lot of LGA RTS recently failed DOT inspection so they were sent to ECH to get fixed.

I knew it....if only LGA would get their act together and maintain their fleet but i guess we'll never know

It has nothing to do with LGA. Since the 5000s at JFK ARE loaners they probably won't need an inspection. ALL MTA Bus buses have to be D O T inspected. Not the case for Mabatoa/ NYCTA.

The 5000's that were loaned to LGA went through DOT inspection. Even if the buses are loaned to (MTA) Bus from NYCTA or MaBSTOA, they still have to go through DOT inspection.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

I knew it....if only LGA would get their act together and maintain their fleet but i guess we'll never know

LGA needs to clean house or they need another depot to take the load off LGA. This is crazy. How bad are their NGs? It's not an excuse to 'slack off' even if they get a bunch of 2nd hand buses. The new buses they have aren't that great.

The problem with LGA is that they have too many buses for themselves to handle in that building so lots of buses just get a simple patchwork and put back on the road

That and contracts... The maintanence workers from what I heard from a credible source were purposely not fixing anything and furthermore damaging equipment at LGA.... MTA Bus is cleaning up house NOW depot by depot....

So 5205 and 5209 are here... I will try to catch pics of them in the garage tomorrow AM.. Went by the depot earlier tonite but didn't catch any of the 5200s

Lots of Artics being worked on tho

5205 was on the Q8, well this morning idk about the 2nd half of the day, 5209 was on the Q52 earlier this afternoon. I wonder if there are more coming .? But I see a lot of Artics being fixed or sent to base shops or other garages.

5205 was on the Q8, well this morning idk about the 2nd half of the day, 5209 was on the Q52 earlier this afternoon. I wonder if there are more coming .? But I see a lot of Artics being fixed or sent to base shops or other garages.

No the Artics were in the bays.... The front lot was empty expect for a few OG 07's siting

The side lot had MCI's... Some 96 Novas... OG 07s... NG 07s.. Artics sprinkled together lol

When TTMG finally came back on, 7-24, that was when a few 5000's were in one of the MTAB depots. But then they were gone, but the date is still 7-24. So I take it the roster is still being updated, without the "effective" date being changed?

There have been a handful of minor edits (like the BYD bus) over the past couple of months, with the most recent on September 30th. But the roster as a whole is still as of 7-24 in terms of a variety of assignments, like the 4000/4330 series NGs and the SI O5 buses.

FP: yeah I figured LGA was overcrowded and it was a mistake to move most of the express buses over to CP. CP could've kept and maybe take on a few more local routes (give up some express routes). If they had a 3rd depot to take the load off LGA and maybe CP, then perhaps there could be an improvement like SI (well not sure about Yukon though).

That and contracts... The maintanence workers from what I heard from a credible source were purposely not fixing anything and furthermore damaging equipment at LGA.... MTA Bus is cleaning up house NOW depot by depot....

If true, then shame on them. And I hope so. FR has sandy as an excuse, but what's lga's excuse? The day it's 'sorted out' there, then all the better.