MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFK does very little to the buses they get. I think all the RTS and D60's still have "New York City Bus" on them.

Yup, except a few RTS that got the repaint treatment.

The only MTA Bus depot that changes the name right away is Eastchester. The others usually don't, and the bus will stay "NYC Bus" until Grand Avenue changes it after a repaint (and sometimes they'll even leave it NYC Bus).

I wonder why they didn't order LFSA's for the Q10... Oh yeah, because it's MTA Bus lmao

The (MTA) will order some artics for MTA bus. It was suppose to be 72 buses but I'm pretty sure that it will be more buses since there are a lot of crowded routes. I'm not sure who is going to build the buses but it should be either New Flyer or Novabus.

The (MTA) will order some artics for MTA bus. It was suppose to be 72 buses but I'm pretty sure that it will be more buses since there are a lot of crowded routes. I'm not sure who is going to build the buses but it should be either New Flyer or Novabus.

I don't think any other manufacturers build artics for the US market, other than those expensive Citaro's..

Potential depots are BP, JFK and possibly LGA?

Yup, except a few RTS that got the repaint treatment.

The only MTA Bus depot that changes the name right away is Eastchester. The others usually don't, and the bus will stay "NYC Bus" until Grand Avenue changes it after a repaint (and sometimes they'll even leave it NYC Bus).

LGA does it sometimes too...look at 5143. Went to LGA over the summer and got the MTA Bus treatment...sort of.

Updated.

Kingsbridge, I assume that Stengel has extras with that move, would I be right? Also, was 6032 in storage before too? Wasn't on the roster.

Also, is 9240 still in Grand? I just wanna make sure - that bus stands out like a sore thumb on the roster.

Edited by Rick44

Updated.

Kingsbridge, I assume that Stengel has extras with that move, would I be right? Also, was 6032 in storage before too? Wasn't on the roster.

Also, is 9240 still in Grand? I just wanna make sure - that bus stands out like a sore thumb on the roster.

6032 was at Charleston and 9240 is still at Grand Ave. It recently got Grand Ave depot stickers.