MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

In the latest epidsode "As the BUS moves", MCI D4500 Cruiser #3046 was seen on the QM5 by photographer Jeff Gomez (Credit goes to him). This bus was at Yonkers Depot back on APril 8th as I rode it on the BxM1.

Actually on my YouTube page (TheTransitMan123), I have put up the sound recording of that bus on the highway. Have fun with the bus College Point!

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a reason why West Farms is seeing more and more and even more RTS buses, which the MAIN reason is pretty simple.

I've been told by operator and a friend from Zerega that The Bronx has become a "High Mileage" borough. When they need extra buses to make service, they will take what they can get. In this case, 1996 NovaBus RTS-06 buses as well as 1996-1998 New Flyer D60HF 1000s.

This should explain why you are still seeing those buses running around in The Bronx. Once upon a time, The Bronx was suppose to be "RTS free" Won't happen until most if not ALL the RTS are scrapped (which could be until at least 2018 or so).

These RTS will become thr 1990 TMC RTS-06 buses that ran for MTA Bus until what 2009? These 1996 NovaBuses COULD (not saying that it's true) run for about another 3-5 years...just like those TMC buses ran for about 20 years total.

So you will continue to see 1996 Novas hitting up West Farms but they will eventually head to MTA Bus.

I hope this helps...some of you.

There is a reason why West Farms is seeing more and more and even more RTS buses, which the MAIN reason is pretty simple.

I've been told by operator and a friend from Zerega that The Bronx has become a "High Mileage" borough. When they need extra buses to make service, they will take what they can get. In this case, 1996 NovaBus RTS-06 buses as well as 1996-1998 New Flyer D60HF 1000s.

This should explain why you are still seeing those buses running around in The Bronx. Once upon a time, The Bronx was suppose to be "RTS free" Won't happen until most if not ALL the RTS are scrapped (which could be until at least 2018 or so).

These RTS will become thr 1990 TMC RTS-06 buses that ran for MTA Bus until what 2009? These 1996 NovaBuses COULD (not saying that it's true) run for about another 3-5 years...just like those TMC buses ran for about 20 years total.

So you will continue to see 1996 Novas hitting up West Farms but they will eventually head to MTA Bus.

I hope this helps...some of you.

Thank You,I Been Saying This For the longest

cool :( will these NovaBus LFS make their appearence on the B36 in May?

Ehh maybe they should , these new lfs have gps in them . So they can watch you , they can tell if your bus is idling , late , early , lay over , updates on routes and delays and detours etc .

Edited by ciboii22

Where and when they run after acceptance is up to the SLD who assigns the buses to the operators in the depot.

Rumor has it that these buses are mainly staying on the B6. The yard dispatcher gives them out to whoever trained on them, as they have a list on who is certified to drive them. Me personally, I want NOTHING to do with them!

Ehh maybe they should , these new lfs have gps in them . So they can watch you , they can tell if your bus is idling , late , early , wheel chair , lay over , updates on routes and delays and detours etc .

They pulled a SEPTA move there lol