MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damnn yo people heads be getting sniped by those pull cords lmfaoo. People being cruel on purpose...in an innocent way

Sometimes I wish they would go back to to tape but it wouldn't make a difference anyway. You should see how many RTS's and Orion V's in Queens have broken request signs. I thought those buses were suppose to be taken OOS to be fixed. It's very frustrating on crowded buses yelling to the bus driver to stop and there are other people talking and so on.

On Wednesday, I saw 9530 on the Q42...

What I do not understand is if Queens Village is so short these days, then why are they loaning buses over to Jam City and/or other depots? If anything, it should be the case that they take all of their 98's back from Jamaica and that will allow them to not be so short. 

But the idea of them "exchanging" buses with JAM is silly and a waste of time. 

Also, I do not like that the buses that Jamaica choose to lend QV are those LFS that were previously at QV. The bus that the depot should put out on loan (if necessary) should have been the NGs. That would not only be a better fit, but it would be better than those damn LFS' going back and forth from Jam to QV.

Spotted 6324 on the B24 last night. I looks as if the GA Depot is finally receiving more Orion Vs.

What I do not understand is if Queens Village is so short these days, then why are they loaning buses over to Jam City and/or other depots? If anything, it should be the case that they take all of their 98's back from Jamaica and that will allow them to not be so short.

But the idea of them "exchanging" buses with JAM is silly and a waste of time.

Also, I do not like that the buses that Jamaica choose to lend QV are those LFS that were previously at QV. The bus that the depot should put out on loan (if necessary) should have been the NGs. That would not only be a better fit, but it would be better than those damn LFS' going back and forth from Jam to QV.

Spotted 6324 on the B24 last night. I looks as if the GA Depot is finally receiving more Orion Vs.

6324 has been there for a couple of months now

How about this one: 5145 on the B9 with Gleason stickers. I would think that this is a loaner, as Gleason had not had a high-floor bus since 9829 and 9870 were retired, and it had not operated a diesel bus in almost 10 years in revenue service.

Gleason had RTSs in the late 2011 or Early 2012.. I ridden one on the B8 during that time period.

Also seen one running on B8 a couple of days after that. It was RTSs from UP and Flatbush.