MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

From what I understood, FR is being used as a storage facility of sorts. FR is being dispatched out of JFK by FR personnel for now.

Also, dmouse is correct about GH, hence the Nova's being placed back into QV on the OpenBVE roster.

That was after Sandy. The FR depot, except the maintenance bays, has been restored IIRC.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While in the city this evening. Spotted 5865 and 5555 parked up in Mannyville. But both have OHS/TU decals. I'd like to say loan, but someone at Mannyville can possibly shed some light on this.

I've seen artics parked on the street by Mannyville before. But with all these crazy loans, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on loan.

While in the city this evening. Spotted 5865 and 5555 parked up in Mannyville. But both have OHS/TU decals. I'd like to say loan, but someone at Mannyville can possibly shed some light on this.

The depot itself does not have the clearance to maintain artics, so discount anything permanent. It's obviously possible to park 60-footers on street or in the front lot, but very few ops are trained for the artics anyway. Not sure what exactly that it is.

so exactly how come 1/2 the RTS JFK has is already going back to ENY where it was from?

They were only at JK because they had a lot of Artics out, and their other buses were constantly visiting the Vendors and most hybrids were Re-calls . So most of the RTSs from EN went over to fill in for the meantime.

Not really a bus move but I just rode past that facility in JFK and noticed there are some 77xx's from WF there along with some Hybrids from MTAB... What facility is this ?

Probably PATH of NY&NJ. That's where they put their buses, but the MTA has some of them in there as well.

Not really a bus move but I just rode past that facility in JFK and noticed there are some 77xx's from WF there along with some Hybrids from MTAB... What facility is this ?

It's a main MTAB/NYCB Vendor... That's also where the New Flyers get delivered. The first step to fixing the bus is taking it to Zerega, if they can't do it, to the Main Vendor it goes. They have contractors that come there too to pick up the bus for example ... If it needs to go to New Flyer or another Vendor far away.

4834B5B0-9EBA-4030-A9D9-254680D39979_zps

8869 on Q3 with cameras installed

Cameras on a 95-96 Nova tho ?

Seems alil odd don't y'all think so

5/10 those cameras don't work, they just never cut them out. 9492 had cameras a long time ago they cut it out, you can see the circles with a plate over it that's covering it up. They won't fix them cameras because the company that made them they are WAY out of business.

It's a main MTAB/NYCB Vendor... That's also where the New Flyers get delivered. The first step to fixing the bus is taking it to Zerega, if they can't do it, to the Main Vendor it goes. They have contractors that come there too to pick up the bus for example ... If it needs to go to New Flyer or another Vendor far away.

5/10 those cameras don't work, they just never cut them out. 9492 had cameras a long time ago they cut it out, you can see the circles with a plate over it that's covering it up. They won't fix them cameras because the company that made them they are WAY out of business.

Wait, it's not PATHNYNJ? Because I saw some C40LFs where PATH parks their O7s.

That is the New Flyer service center at Building 141 (shared with Servisair, which runs the JFK Airport shuttle buses).

BTW, the cameras on the RTSs and 5734-68 (which were the original SBS fleet) were made by the long-defunct Integrian; the current cameras are made by Interlogix (which is owned by United Technologies, which also owns Carrier, Sikorsky, Otis Elevator, and Pratt & Whitney).

Edited by aemoreira81