MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably PATH of NY&NJ. That's where they put their buses, but the MTA has some of them in there as well.

They aren't PATH buses. They're the airport's, JFK is also like PATH owned by the Port Authority which is why they have PA branding. They're used in the parking lots, cargo areas and when the AirTrain is out.

The building is the Northeast Bus Rebuilders service center where many MTA buses go for service and the office/depot for Servisair which runs the airport buses for the PA.

#9618 FB-UP on the B74 With FB Stickers Reported By RICK44

It's been at UP the sticker just fell off that was covering the FB sticker .

That is the New Flyer service center at Building 141 (shared with Servisair, which runs the JFK Airport shuttle buses).

BTW, the cameras on the RTSs and 5734-68 (which were the original SBS fleet) were made by the long-defunct Integrian; the current cameras are made by Interlogix (which is owned by United Technologies, which also owns Carrier, Sikorsky, Otis Elevator, and Pratt & Whitney).

It's not mainly New Flyer they do Orion's mostly ... It's actually the NESF "NorthEastern Satellite Facility . If you've ever seen their company vans it's a hybrid on it. But they mainly do Orion's not just New Flyer. Another location is in Deer Park, LI.

Following up on the Mannyville artics situation, word from my boy at the depot is that there's now an XD60 there. Again, the depot doesn't have the clearance to keep the 60s, so just a training situation I believe.

If they can squeeze them into ENY CMF, flatBush depot, and Casey Stengle, they can get them into MHV. The lifts are arranged in the old style. This means that all they would need to do is eliminate 1 lift and change the angle of 2 others, and they would have their Arctic lifts ( just like how they did it in ENY CMF).

Might have something to do with the rest of Orion V CNG's retiring. I've only seen 9905 out on the Q25 and Q34.

9849 and 9905 are the only two that have been in service lately. 9836, 9889 and 9899 are NOT retired but are being used as training buses that go up to Zerega. If one day they are not training, it's a possibility that those other three could go out.

Edited by 4P3607

9849 and 9905 are the only two that have been in service lately. 9836, 9889 and 9899 are NOT retired but are being used as training buses that go up to Zerega. If one day they are not training, it's a possibility that those other three could go out.

I've heard once that winter pick takes places those Orion V CNG's are gone. I've seen 9905 and yeah I did see 9849 on the Q65 recently.