MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I guess but I doubt they're gonna do it since they take up most of the fleet.

If they did it wouldn't be a completely fleet change if anything what Transit loves to do is shift buses around to even out mileage... So what would probably happen is those NGs would get shifted to another depot and in return they would get another set of NGs

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can imagine FP giving their NG's to another depot like FB MV JA or CS and in return they get more RTS's. What is so bad about their Orion NG's? I've been on the Q54 and Q58 and they look and sound like any other NG. Even LGA does a decent job with their NG's as suppose to JFK which have a lot of bad ones.

Yeah but it's the NG's in general that are trash. Not just theirs.

JFK is starting to get on my nerves with these RTSs..........

Lol what's wrong with RTSs

JFK actually does pretty well with RTSs

That's why they have been getting dumped with them...

LGA can't seem to figure out the difference from a screwdriver and a wrench so if anything I wouldn't wanna send anything to LGA

Everything they touch ended up back in someone's maintanence bay

I can imagine FP giving their NG's to another depot like FB MV JA or CS and in return they get more RTS's. What is so bad about their Orion NG's? I've been on the Q54 and Q58 and they look and sound like any other NG. Even LGA does a decent job with their NG's as suppose to JFK which have a lot of bad ones.

Its the fact that Staten Island ran them buses to hell and back first before they were shipped over

Lol what's wrong with RTSs

JFK actually does pretty well with RTSs

That's why they have been getting dumped with them...

LGA can't seem to figure out the difference from a screwdriver and a wrench so if anything I wouldn't wanna send anything to LGA

Everything they touch ended up back in someone's maintanence bay

True...i can only imagine how them buses look under LGA'S horrible maintenance...oh wait....never mind(smacks head)

LGA is not that bad it's just that they are overwhelmed with so many routes. That's what happens when you get the Q100, Q101,Q102,Q103, Q104 and Q67 with CP only getting the part time express routes the Q19 and Q38 which don't use many buses as well. Hopefully this Q53 swap helps out but I believe that the QM10, QM11 should go back to LGA and CP keeps the Q19 just so that LGA doesn't have to deal with so many routes.

Oh yeah I know triboro was horrible but look at JFK and FR depots they are improving a lot. They are still not as good at BP, CP or any other MTA bus depot but they are doing better. LGA never had its time to improve.

Edited by College Pt Man

QM21 is not leaving BP, its too much of a deadhead if CP got the QM21 that's why that plan was dropped, if this was to happen BP would have had half of the Q25/34 route as well as a couple of Q65 runs

Not sure how since it's only a 17 minute deadhead and it primarily uses the Van Wyck. I think its more of BP's union fighting to keep the line.

The union didn't fight for the QM21, they were fighting for those Q25/34 runs, because the original plan was to give BP half of the Q25/34 route for the QM21, its best for the QM21 to stay at BP, I'm surprised that it gets ridership

it would make sense for the QM21 to stay at BP since it's only a few minutes from its terminal