MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it would make sense for the QM21 to stay at BP since it's only a few minutes from its terminal

It would actually make sense to have every QM route come out of 1 depot... Thing is CP doesn't wanna lose any local route that's a money maker in return for express routes...

I would give BP the Q65 for the QM21

Uh, news flash BP and CP have the same union......as well as ECH, LGA and YON.

Doesn't mean anything, explain why the folks over at LGA are fighting to keep the QM24 and QM25 then? It's the folks that represent the depot.

The union didn't fight for the QM21, they were fighting for those Q25/34 runs, because the original plan was to give BP half of the Q25/34 route for the QM21, its best for the QM21 to stay at BP, I'm surprised that it gets ridership

Contrary to what I've heard, they fought to keep it because of the line being their seniority line. But we wont know what the real reason is for sure.

And that plan makes no sense, that's cutting more work for CP's side for less work. That doesn't sound right to me.

Edited by Cait Sith

Doesn't mean anything, explain why the folks over at LGA are fighting to keep the QM24 and QM25 then? It's the folks that represent the depot.

Contrary to what I've heard, they fought to keep it because of the line being their seniority line. But we wont know what the real reason is for sure.

And that plan makes no sense, that's cutting more work for CP's side for less work. That doesn't sound right to me.

Your right.. A lot of the of the guys I know at BP do the 21... They did fight to keep it...

I would say this tho I wouldn't hurt for BP to take on another local route

They have the Q64 now... Add another route as well

All of the 30 buses that BP will be getting is Hybirds no RTS, i heard JFK is giving BP's former 3500's back and LGA is loosing some of Thiers as well to BP, got this from a source who work there, its believable BTW they're still keeping some bees as well

So my theory is that JFK will gain more RTS or Artics to displace those hybirds we'll see

All of the 30 buses that BP will be getting is Hybirds no RTS, i heard JFK is giving BP's former 3500's back and LGA is loosing some of Thiers as well to BP, got this from a source who work there, its believable BTW they're still keeping some bees as well

So my theory is that JFK will gain more RTS or Artics to displace those hybirds we'll see

So Does This Explain Why ENY Is Sending There 96's To JFK?

Ok here's some goodies.....3423/7425 ECH to GH. 3419 ECH to 100 st. 3453 ECH to MHV every TA/OA that DOES NOT HAVE MCIs are going to borrow MCIs. This is due to the snow storm. The MTA and the mayor declared a citywide Mobilization.

Temporary storage, not loaning them for service, especially 100 St since they store MCI's a lot.

Probably, there's gonna be a lot of transfers so this is gonna be one interesting weekend

BP is not getting any Artics anymore. I wish they would because the Q64 is another route that can use them during rush hours since the two or sometimes three buses that they run back to back are all packed.