MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure about that... I can clearly remember that bus being apart of the 5025-5038 that they had a few years back

5025 was separate for years, but yeah nah that whole batch got broken up over the summer. 5030 and a few others went to Quill, other buses elsewhere. After that they got moved around somewhere, 126th got 5026-5027, 5025 and 5028 out to ENY, whole bunch of moves.

Thanks to the maintenance by LGA....their maintenance is horrible

They have too many routes. Even with the Q53 gone LGA still needs to lose some routes. People say their maintenance is horrible but half their fleet is 18 year old buses so what you expect? JA's 96's break down as well.

They have too many routes. Even with the Q53 gone LGA still needs to lose some routes. People say their maintenance is horrible but half their fleet is 18 year old buses so what you expect? JA's 96's break down as well.

So which other routes LGA should have lost?

Based on the things I been reading in this thread latley I'm glad I don't take LGA routes smh lol

LGA has close to 100 18 year old RTS's. Honestly I believe CP should have kept the Q19 and gain the Q49. Give back the QM10/QM11 and QM12. Some say it doesn't make sense to have diesel buses running at a big CNG depot but hey they were running RTS's and Orion v CNG's from 1998-2006. I think anything should be done to help LGA out.

4947 FB to ENY. 4963-4965 ENY to FB. 3844 at 126th and 6671 over at Quill, maintenance.

5024 still at Manhattanville into the late night, that bus may be assigned to the depot now after all the other loaners returned to Quill/126.  

5024 was returned in the early morning, nothing permanent.

4947 is back, and 4966 ENY to FB. FB's got all of 4945-4967. 9698 is also back from QV, not sure when that move occurred but the bus ran the B49 today. Likewise, 9448 has been back at GA for a little while.

Edited by MHV9218

5024 was returned in the early morning, nothing permanent.

4947 is back, and 4966 ENY to FB. FB's got all of 4945-4967. 9698 is also back from QV, not sure when that move occurred but the bus ran the B49 today. Likewise, 9448 has been back at GA for a little while.

More of ENY buses at FLA....possible mileage swap or no

CS has got 4616, 4660, 4677, 4682, and 4699 over there. Didn't know those buses were going into service. 4454, 4462, 4469-4470, and 4473-4474 are some of the QV buses you mentioned. 4276 is also there.

Edit: 4699 just got back to Jamaica a few minutes ago.

5029 to JA. 6422 pulled into QV, I'm unclear why that happened.

4616 in Queens? from FB <<< Amazingly weird.

LGA has close to 100 18 year old RTS's. Honestly I believe CP should have kept the Q19 and gain the Q49. Give back the QM10/QM11 and QM12. Some say it doesn't make sense to have diesel buses running at a big CNG depot but hey they were running RTS's and Orion v CNG's from 1998-2006. I think anything should be done to help LGA out.

Only thing that will help LGA out Is full merger of NYCT and MTAB, so that Depots can balance out their assignments and streamline deadheads...MTA would probably even be able to close down some depots and move personnel and equipment elsewhere for better efficiency 

Seriously a lot of MTAB route placements at depots make no sense, how much money is wasted with these ungodly deadheads.  

Edited by Lennyj17

Only thing that will help LGA out Is full merger of NYCT and MTAB, so that Depots can balance out their assignments and streamline deadheads...MTA would probably even be able to close down some depots and move personnel and equipment elsewhere for better efficiency 

Seriously a lot of MTAB route placements at depots make no sense, how much money is wasted with these ungodly deadheads.  

It's really not gonna be that easy in Queens. LGA/BP/CP, the TA depots, SC and JFK/FR all have different unions. If the other union gets "their" work there will be problems, that's why you don't see routes moved between JFK/FR and LGA/BP/CP or SC today.

Once the consolidation is all done there will still be different unions in place.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

I hear there's a bunch of C40LF's being loaned to LGA every day.

Current Orion V CNG status:

9905 made it's way to LGA territory today on the Q18 in the morning.

9899 is reserved for LGA use from what I hear. I'm not sure if this is true or not.

9889 is back in service after an Oil leak.

9836 is either the one with the faulty engine or is reserved for use at Zerega for training.

9849 is OOS due to transmission issues.

I was told today that 9918 was spotted backing up in ECH depot. It then went from the scrap side to the storage side. A few guys worked on it, giving it a new door to the gas tank and new license plates. It then returned to the scrap side. This is all I heard; I'm going up to ECH tomorrow to see if this is true.

Edited by 4P3607

3996-4003 have all been transferred from FP to YU.

9632 and 9672 to FP. [The latter was missing from TTMG.]

5592 MQ to TU, probably temporary.

^^ Co-sign on 5667, saw it on the Bx12 today. Related, WF now has 5694, 5712, 5757, and 5759.

Edited by MHV9218