MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good morning everyone hope you like the new roster https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/home

There's enough rosters already.

Notice Fresh Pond is the only Brooklyn depot really having swaps with Staten Island... The milage on those NGs must be crazy

Mileage isn't always a factor for bus moves.

Notice Fresh Pond is the only Brooklyn depot really having swaps with Staten Island... The milage on those NGs must be crazy

And its funny how they come here missing pieces (one came to the Pond with no side destination sign), get overhauled and repainted, then get shipped back out lol

It's really not gonna be that easy in Queens. LGA/BP/CP, the TA depots, SC and JFK/FR all have different unions. If the other union gets "their" work there will be problems, that's why you don't see routes moved between JFK/FR and LGA/BP/CP or SC today.

Once the consolidation is all done there will still be different unions in place.

Even within NYCT, there are different unions which previously claimed that work could never be moved from one bargaining unit to another. A good case in point is the Q32...

(1) Until 1994, the Q32 (previously M32, previously FACO/MaBSTOA #15) was all OA work based in Hudson Pier Depot.

(2) In 1994, the Q32 was split between Hudson (later Quill) and Casey Stengel, meaning that some OA (TWU-100) work was given to TA (ATU-1056).

(3) In 2010, the Q32 was consolidated in Casey Stengel, meaning that more OA (TWU-100) work was given to TA (ATU-1056). 

Along the way, other routes (M22, M35, M50, M60, M66, M72, M116) have flipped back and forth between TA and OA.

In each case, the arbitrator ruled that the work does not "belong" to the union at all — it belongs to Transit, in keeping with the "management rights" clause of each contract (in essence, "management reserves the right to manage").  Given this precedent, it should be relatively easy to swap routes within MTAB (e.g. Q53 in Far Rockaway Depot, Q60 in Baisley Park) and, eventually, between MTAB and NYCT (e.g. B84 in Spring Creek, BM1/3/4 in Flatbush, Q18 in Grand Ave, Q29 in Fresh Pond, Q32 in LaGuardia, Q110 in Queens Village).

Even within NYCT, there are different unions which previously claimed that work could never be moved from one bargaining unit to another. A good case in point is the Q32...

(1) Until 1994, the Q32 (previously M32, previously FACO/MaBSTOA #15) was all OA work based in Hudson Pier Depot.

(2) In 1994, the Q32 was split between Hudson (later Quill) and Casey Stengel, meaning that some OA (TWU-100) work was given to TA (ATU-1056).

(3) In 2010, the Q32 was consolidated in Casey Stengel, meaning that more OA (TWU-100) work was given to TA (ATU-1056).

Along the way, other routes (M22, M35, M50, M60, M66, M72, M116) have flipped back and forth between TA and OA.

In each case, the arbitrator ruled that the work does not "belong" to the union at all — it belongs to Transit, in keeping with the "management rights" clause of each contract (in essence, "management reserves the right to manage").  Given this precedent, it should be relatively easy to swap routes within MTAB (e.g. Q53 in Far Rockaway Depot, Q60 in Baisley Park) and, eventually, between MTAB and NYCT (e.g. B84 in Spring Creek, BM1/3/4 in Flatbush, Q18 in Grand Ave, Q29 in Fresh Pond, Q32 in LaGuardia, Q110 in Queens Village).

All I know is they planned on splitting the Q8 with Spring Creek a few years ago, remember JFK/FR and SC are both under the ATU but different locals, and the JFK/FR local fought for it and won. If they try anything it will be a hard fight.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

All I know is they planned on splitting the Q8 with Spring Creek a few years ago, remember JFK/FR and SC are both under the ATU but different locals, and the JFK/FR local fought for it and won. If they try anything it will be a hard fight.

I have a question. Did College Point fight to keep the Q67, 100, 101, 102, 103 and 104? Edited by Q43LTD

Even though I was against it, I thought that was going to happen. Is SC still a Queens division depot?

Only Brooklyn Depot that is MTA BUS, I think its the same with Yonkers thats in westchester with Eastchester as Bronx territory

but Spring Creek has a union itself

Edited by Calvin

Only Brooklyn Depot that is MTA BUS, I think its the same with Yonkers thats in westchester with Eastchester as Bronx territory

but Spring Creek has a union itself

Yonkers is considered BX division. SC was considered Queens Division sometime last year I think but then it got changed back to BK.