MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

8046 , 8047 , 8049 , 8050 , & 8053 are at Ulmer park now . Stay tuned for pictures . 9101 was sent to ECh for scrap this morning & 9105 might be next it's out of service with the fare box removed .
wasn't 9105 the 1st orange led sign bus? and why is it o.o.s?

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wasn't 9105 the 1st orange led sign bus? and why is it o.o.s?

Nope Its 5105-5112 , 9105 is a Detriot Diesel 50 DDEC , With A Allison Vr-731 Atec Transmission , 9105 isnt a zf . That one should go back in service i hope .

5105 is the first LED bus, which is still in service at UP.

Interesting that 8053 is at UP, that's only several buses away from QV batch (8060 and up)

Yessir , Qv shall get their share in about 3 weeks or so maybe before that .

9105 could be for MTA Bus as well. Just because their fareboxes were removed dosent always mean its scrap.

Its not going to mta bus . Its probably scrap . Its old and now that the new ones came in they dont have to fix any of the old ones so they are going to let it go , Ps * that bus has broken down many times , i was on the 6 the other week and it broke down on someone . It has a very damn good starter but its going to go . Ehh they might be able to fix it but i doubt it . 9101 is gone & 8888 is still out of service due to transmission slipping . 9105 just has issues .

9397 of ulmer park..that bus will be put in to get the transmission fixed ..my driver had it today and it didn't shift properly and on turns it felt like the bus was holding back then we made a turn onto bay ridge av on the 64 and the bus completely stopped with the "check transmission" gauge on in the middle of the street and the engine kept revving..so something was rly wrong with the transmission

Ok Soo Umm..... Theres a lfs at queens village running around now from castleton . Castleton has all of their buses except 8015 , thats the only one missing . 8000 came this past weekend . Ulmer park should get the rest of their order soon . There was supposed to be a move of ngs from castleton to freshpond today but the move was canceled because there wasnt any drivers to take the buses over there . Now the lfs are written on and scratched up inside , they have problems going up the hills only doing 5 mph , 8009 is in the shop as of this afternoon . I saw it on the S93 this afternoon but it went to castleton after the drop off .