MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of these may be duplicates, but these buses are new to JFK: 5536, 5556, 5559, 5645, and 5687. The artics are likely displacing the RTSs to East New York, at least 3 of which were at ENY for many years prior.

No the D60HF's are not replacing the RTS. The 2003 D60's are replacing the 2000 D60HF's. Those RTS's are probably extra because I really don't see many RTS's out except for rush hour.

There are a few moves that have went unnoticed till now (Thanks Armani for the 6562 move! MTA Bus Time works wonders.) Apparently, 6562, 6563, 6564 & 6566 are all on FP routes right now.

Also, TJ, thanks to your report on 6846, I also discovered that 6844 is working the Q58 right now too. I'm guessing that because FP doesn't have Gen II+'s, that one's in CS too.

Thanks to TJ for the updated scrap information.

Also, thanks to cm99746, duplicates are gone from the last update.

I forgot to mention, it is updated.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/

Edited by Rick44

Because ENY is sending OG hybrids to CS And FP.

Ok I'm alil confused on this one...

So JFK is displacing RTS's to ENY

ENY is displacing OG 07s to CS and FP

Am I correct so far ?

So CS is getting the higher # OG 07s (6800s) and FP is basically getting the ones they sent over years ago back (6500s & 6600s) ?

Ok so if FP is getting the other half of their orginial old gen hybrids, my guess is that some next gens would be bumped off to another depot?

And it makes sense for ENY to be all desiel. They treated those hybrids kind of sheety anyway. But does that mean they're getting more 96's from JFK & LaGuardia? I wouldn't mind that but I feel like flatbush should give some 4900's or 5000's back to ENY because they do have a lot and the B46 is slated for SBS in the future so some of those RTS's are gonna be bumped anyway.

I wouldn't mind that but I feel like flatbush should give some 4900's or 5000's back to ENY because they do have a lot and the B46 is slated for SBS in the future so some of those RTS's are gonna be bumped anyway.

Don't forget, Flatbush gave up their 97-98 Novas in return for the 4900s and 5000s they got.

Don't forget, Flatbush gave up their 97-98 Novas in return for the 4900s and 5000s they got.

Not to ENY. I know they can't replace all the hybrids that might leave ENY, but they have over 100 1999 Bus Models. I don't even think they need their Next Gens lol. So give ENY back something. But I understand that ENY is gonna get slammed with more 96's during the swap. Which is something I'm kinda looking foward too. Those things know how to move on the Q56.

I didn't say to ENY specifically. I should have been more clear on that, but I meant that they gave buses in general for the ones they got. You almost have to remember that Flatbush has some of Brooklyn busiest routes, so 100 99 Novas may seem like enough, but those buses alone aren't.

When bus swaps happen between depots, they aren't always direct. For example, When FLA got the 98-99 Novas, they gave their 97-98's to Ulmer Park, then they gave up half of their XD40's to ENY, so if anything, ENY somewhat got the better end of the stick. (Although, the XD40's were not brand new to them, it's still something).

Edited by S78 via Hylan