MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I didn't say to ENY specifically. I should have been more clear on that, but I meant that they gave buses in general for the ones they got. You almost have to remember that Flatbush has some of Brooklyn busiest routes, so 100 99 Novas may seem like enough, but those buses alone aren't.

When bus swaps happen between depots, they aren't always direct. For example, When FLA got the 98-99 Novas, they gave their 97-98's to Ulmer Park, then they gave up half of their XD40's to ENY, so if anything, ENY somewhat got the better end of the stick. (Although, the XD40's were not brand new to them, it's still something).

Totally agree. ENY caught a big break with those XD40's. Like you said, not brand new but they really boosted the age fleet of that depot & once again, it has a newer fleet than Fresh Pond like it always had. Plus they're probably gonna get more RTS's in general after the swap so it's a win win. Still jealous of ENY tho lol. Wish my depot got used XD40's instead of used Next Junk :/

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree. ENY caught a big break with those XD40's. Like you said, not brand new but they really boosted the age fleet of that depot & once again, it has a newer fleet than Fresh Pond like it always had. Plus they're probably gonna get more RTS's in general after the swap so it's a win win. Still jealous of ENY tho lol. Wish my depot got used XD40's instead of used Next Junk :/

Fresh Pond got all those Staten Island Orion VII NG's right.

I can see why you would dislike them but what if Manhattenville was to send a few of their NG's to FP, would you still dislike them.

Fresh Pond got all those Staten Island Orion VII NG's right.

I can see why you would dislike them but what if Manhattenville was to send a few of their NG's to FP, would you still dislike them.

Yep lol. It would be cool if FP got some early 6400's tho. I just miss seeing buses out that depot with 1999-2004 luminator signs. I'm just saying as an example. In actuallity, that wouldn't make sense

Micstromme, 9681 and 9682 are in Grand Av, along with 9508-9515, 9517-9526, 9535, 9537-9542, 9546, 9550, 9667, 9678 & 9679. These buses got there in January or before then. Thanks for the confirmation.

Updated.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

9678, 79, 81 & 82 were recently moved within the past two weeks.

Flatbush received 5145-49 & 5037-38 also in the same time frame.

5512 MQ to JK.

5587 KB to JK.

6208 GA to GA.

6323 YU to GA.

9374, 9377 QV to GA.

9571, 9677 UP to GA.

9680 FB to GA.

6568 EN to FP.

9670-9671 FB to FP.

8833 EN to JA.

5145 JA to FB.

3514, 3559, 3644, 3646 JK to BP.

6008 EC to CA.

6028 YU to CA.

Edited by MHV9218

First off, I will say that I am happy to see so many of the highest numbered '97-'98 Novas coming over to Grand Avenue, as well as more Orion Vs, as I always felt that 2 was not enough to make its presence felt in the borough of Brooklyn. What I cannot understand is why are these buses coming over to GA? Is more service being added or something?

Also, since I do not understand this all too well, can someone please explain to me why the service adjustments mean the swaps all across the system? Is part of it a mileage issue?

5512 MQ to JK.

5587 KB to JK.

6208 GA to GA.

6323 YU to GA.

9374, 9377 QV to GA.

9571, 9677 UP to GA.

9680 FB to GA.

6568 EN to FP.

9670-9671 FB to FP.

8833 EN to JA.

5145 JA to FB.

3514, 3559, 3644, 3646 JK to BP.

6008 EC to CA.

6028 YU to CA.

Woah 9571,9677 UP - GA??? I just saw 9571 being towed to GA for work the other day so it'll probably return. As for 9677 that belonged to FB.

Some notes:

MHV, I assume you meant that 6208 went from GH to GA.

6323 is on the S61 right now, so that's an error.

9374 was not on my roster at all, but it's been moved to GA now along with 9377.

9670-71 wasn't on my roster either, even though I swore it was in FB. Now at GA.

Nelson, 9677 was in UP last time I checked - nobody told me it moved back to FB.

Acela, UP borrowed those buses sometime late last year, and I was never told they moved back either.

The stockpile of 98's in FB is crazy! And GA is getting they're own stockpile of 97's.

With that said, roster is updated.
https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster/

Edited by Rick44

9683 was just spotted on the B48 by me this morning. That bus came from Flatbush, I believe. 

And as for 9571, that bus sure has gotten around, hasn't it? I remember it being at FP back in the days; then from there I do think it went somewhere in The Big Apple; then it came to GA; next it went over to Flatbush; then UP received it last year and now it is back at GA. This bus must have some serious mileage issues or something else.

Although I still do not fully comprehend how schedule changes contribute to the recent changes in the fleet across the fleet. 

9683 was just spotted on the B48 by me this morning. That bus came from Flatbush, I believe. 

And as for 9571, that bus sure has gotten around, hasn't it? I remember it being at FP back in the days; then from there I do think it went somewhere in The Big Apple; then it came to GA; next it went over to Flatbush; then UP received it last year and now it is back at GA. This bus must have some serious mileage issues or something else.

Although I still do not fully comprehend how schedule changes contribute to the recent changes in the fleet across the fleet. 

Ok, I'll move 9683.

Yep, 9571 has quite a history. GA will help keep the mileage down now.

And the new trips need extra buses, because there were more trips added to certain routes across the system. Making the Q10 all artics has helped the other depots plenty.