MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me or is that ever since JFK's 1000s and 54xx's are at random Bronx and Manhattan depots, the articulated routes like the Bx1 uses standard buses as its both artic and standard for 1 route?

EX: 6055, 6171 on the Bx1

6305 on the Bx9

3926 on the M79

Is it me or is that ever since JFK's 1000s and 54xx's are at random Bronx and Manhattan depots, the articulated routes like the Bx1 uses standard buses as its both artic and standard for 1 route?

6305 on the Bx9

3926 on the M79

Nothing new. It happens all the time.

6305 on the Bx9

3926 on the M79

You've asked this question like 9 million times.

The answer has been given to you 9 million times.

40FT BUSES RUN ON ARTICULATED LINES WHEN NECESSARY! Some will show up on articulated lines in Queens and The Bronx when there are either not enough buses or when operators have runs tied with those routes, so that they don't have to swap equipment.

In Manhattan's case, they lost a bunch of artics, so it's gonna happen.

Edited by Cait Sith

6305 on the Bx9

3926 on the M79

There's a serious bus shortage NOT just an Artic shortage but overall bus shortage on

40footers and 60footers

So there are times where you will see a 40footer on an Articulated Route

And this problem won't go away until that new order comes in and kinda eases the crunch alil...

The TA shot themselves in the foot when they retired too many buses prematurely and then turned around and realized they actually needed them smh

A lot of those Orion's didn't have to go so soon and same for RTS

They also shot themselves in the foot when they sent JFK those Artics (1000's and those 5400's) knowing that they never had them before and they weren't the same work horses they used to be

So sending them back to the Bronx was the only option since retirement isn't an option right now.... TA can't afford to retire anything right now unless there's something immediately there to replace it

^^^ that's the problems those old RTS's, Orion V's and D60HF's need to be retired. I been on too many JA RTS's where the AC didn't work had to open up them windows. CS has a lot of Orion V's with rusted walls and walls that are popping off. It's bad the rest of the 1000's and 5400's are suppose to leave JFK because of JFK's bad maintance.

^^^ that's the problems those old RTS's, Orion V's and D60HF's need to be retired. I been on too many JA RTS's where the AC didn't work had to open up them windows. CS has a lot of Orion V's with rusted walls and walls that are popping off. It's bad the rest of the 1000's and 5400's are suppose to leave JFK because of JFK's bad maintance.

...and what would replace them?

They were aware of that but at the same time what was there to replace them ?????

You can't retire things and NOT have anything to put back in its place

That's halfassed if you ask me... All the shifting in the world going on right now will continue until the new orders come in... They need 40footers just as bad as they need Artics

IMO they should've sent JFK the first batch of LFSA's really

It wouldn't make sense to send them D60HFs

considering the fact that they don't know Artics anyway I would've felt more comfortable with giving them newer Artics just knowing that the MDBF would've been better than older D60HFs

The MTA needs to stop procrastinating with the new order. The 1996 RTS's suffer a lot with the heat and so many JA RTS's don't have the A/C working. That needs to be fix but it's time those old buses to go they were suppose to be replace starting in late 2013 buts it was pushed back another year. -_- oh it figures with the (MTA)

Edited by NewFlyer 230

The MTA needs to stop procrastinating with the new order. The 1996 RTS's suffer a lot with the heat and so many JA RTS's don't have the A/C working. That needs to be fix but it's time those old buses to go they were suppose to be replace starting in late 2013 buts it was pushed back another year. -_- oh it figures with the (MTA)

Isn't the first few buses of the new order due to arrive by Fall 2014 ?