MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

The tanks expiration date is just around the corner, around ___ __ 2014.

Yeah i'll let you fill in the blanks for yourself, not gonna be giving spoiler alerts lol.

Makes no sense if they expire today (if that's what you're getting at), it wouldn't have ran today if they did. They would have to get it out of service and to Eastchester by the end of the day.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has not been a move to CP with any Orion VII CNGs, I would've gotten the word if that were true....plus, for them to have only two(or any) would not make sense, as there have been some run and schedule adjustments out of CP depot.

7561 is back in active service.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

Updated, and I think I'm never gonna get an Orion V CNG pic, especially if today is the last day for 9849. Oh well, they were troopers for a long time, they've done their duty as buses and it's time to let them go.

Nice update! Hey "Rick44", did you get my PM I sent you last week?

Those 07CNGs to CP I highly doubt that would happen.. For C40s at that NO

That would make JGs fleet age too new and TA wouldn't do that... If anything they would probably swap some with WF

That makes more sense... 75xx's and 76xx's for some 77xx's and 78xx's to even out mileage.. That's just my opinion but anything is likely to happen when you deal with Transit..

So the day someone or myself see an 07 in service for CP is when we can speculate that a swap has occurred

Use one of mine. I have some pretty good photos of them. I'm posting a thread later.

I just was hoping to get one for my collection, but I think I waited too long. If it's out tomorrow, I'll hunt.

Nice update! Hey "Rick44", did you get my PM I sent you last week?

Thank you, and yes I did. I'm just not 100% sure how to respond to it, because I currently don't need the help - but that might change. I'll keep you posted, thank you for the offer sir.

Has to be. Grand Ave never kept a 4900 or 5000.

Yeah, that has to be a loan. Even though they kept 4964 for a short while longer than many expected, I don't see them keeping this too long. I wonder if they donned the GA stickers - that's picture worthy.

Thank you, and yes I did. I'm just not 100% sure how to respond to it, because I currently don't need the help - but that might change. I'll keep you posted, thank you for the offer sir.

No problem. I remembered that you asked a few months back on this thread so I figured. Yeah, let me know. Thanks!

Erica, that was rush hour, 5051 is done off the B24 - and in the depot now, and 5180 on the B47 RIGHT NOW towards Woodhull! Happy hunting.

The thing about Grand Avenue is, they have a pull in-pull out kind of thing going on. When a bus driver finishes a trip in most other situations, especially busy depots, they switch drivers along the route or at a terminal. I'm sure you've seen this practice a lot in many terminus-hub areas. For Grand Av, they don't do that. It's common practice in GA to send a bus back to the depot after a trip is finished.

Erica, that was rush hour, 5051 is done off the B24 - and in the depot now, and 5180 on the B47 RIGHT NOW towards Woodhull! Happy hunting.

The thing about Grand Avenue is, they have a pull in-pull out kind of thing going on. When a bus driver finishes a trip in most other situations, especially busy depots, they switch drivers along the route or at a terminal. I'm sure you've seen this practice a lot in many terminus-hub areas. For Grand Av, they don't do that. It's common practice in GA to send a bus back to the depot after a trip is finished.

Why don't they do change-offs on the route? Is GA far off from a major corridor?

That's every depot, not just Grand Avenue.

Erica, that was rush hour, 5051 is done off the B24 - and in the depot now, and 5180 on the B47 RIGHT NOW towards Woodhull! Happy hunting.

Grand Av does have reliefs...the Q59 does it right in front of the building

Erica, that was rush hour, 5051 is done off the B24 - and in the depot now, and 5180 on the B47 RIGHT NOW towards Woodhull! Happy hunting.

Well I did say later as in the afternoon because I was in the area a few hours ago. But Yeah, I didn't see anything.

Replying to this message right now, I have a feeling they're B60 now or something lol.