MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the FB buses that have been appearing on the B83, are they loaners or school trippers? They always appear during the school tripper times.

Also, the RTS appearing on the B12 was a school tripper.

I'd prefer the Xcelsiors that ENY will get in the next fresh order, ENY is great at taking care of buses that they receive new straight from Zerega. Hell, they are taking good care of the Xcelsiors they have now.

9571 did appear on BusTime during it's "stint" at GA. So did 5051 and 5081, which are now back at FB as of Monday or Sunday.

As for the Q44 school tripper thing, I'll trust the bus driver working at the depot over the fanner here. Not to dispute what you saw Daniel, but QV could've simply loaned JA a bus for that purpose, that happens. Or you could've witnessed a transfer.

Edited by Rick44

Well when I updated the roster during winter pick, the school tripper business was laid out like such:

Gun Hill: Bx1

West Farms: Bx40/42

ENY/Fresh Pond: B60

Flatbush: B7, B12, B47, B83

Grand: Q54

Ulmer Park: B9, B49

Casey Stengel: Q17, Q27, Q58, Q88

QV: Q31, Q44, Q76

Not doubting that the Q44 went back to JA but a quick check via BusTime can solve that.

Nope ever since the Winter Pick, The Q44 Trippers were out of QV. How I know? I have photo proof since I fanned the trippers recently

Idk anymore because just last month I saw 4682 on the Q44 and that is a JA bus. I also saw a 807X bus on the Q44 school tripper

Edited by NewFlyer 230