MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

my uncle used to work for the ta as a b/o in staten island and that's what he told me regarding why they cant take artics in SI.

No disrespect to your uncle, but bus drivers are not always the best source of information. Its like a huge game of telephone with them. 1 of them might have the correct information at first. But by the time it filters down to the rest of the operators, its a completely different story.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well according to the driver I asked yesterday, GA is keeping 4968 & is actually getting more 4900's.

But don't quote me on it yet. These B/O's can be wrong.

I hope if they do get more 98's, they steal em from FB. But I doubt that's happening all together.

Edited by Rick44

No disrespect to your uncle, but bus drivers are not always the best source of information. Its like a huge game of telephone with them. 1 of them might have the correct information at first. But by the time it filters down to the rest of the operators, its a completely different story.

i understand what your saying, i asked him the question years ago and he's retired btw and that's what he told me, never told me about the taking work variable.

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Hell yeah. Those are their only originals & they gave up a ton to get Orion V's. Smh.

They had 4513-4570 when delivered. 4513 is in SI while 4514-4532 went to Fresh Pond to make room for the Orion V's Edited by Armani

They had 4513-4570 when delivered. 4513 is in SI while 4514-4532 went to Fresh Pond to make room for the Orion V's

To make room for school bus sounding, slowly falling apart, un-modernly desgined ass buses that SI's been running to death for years... Edited by E For Erica

To make room for school bus sounding, slowly falling apart, un-modernly desgined ass buses that SI's been running to death for years...

They should've stayed in SI knowing the problems they have. I saw 6298 on the B60 and the wheelchair ramp wouldn't move

Hell yeah. Those are their only originals & they gave up a ton to get Orion V's. Smh.

I thought Grand Ave had 2005 Orion VII's because I used to seem them on the Q59 but now that I think about it yeah the Orion NG's were delivered new there. Where did those Orion VII's from 2005 come from ENY?

They should've stayed in SI knowing the problems they have. I saw 6298 on the B60 and the wheelchair ramp wouldn't move

They haven't been making the best decisions. But they they take the best care of their buses out of all the depots in Brooklyn right now. Next to Flatbush.

The only things I liked about the Orion V's being here was that it was something a little different for Brooklyn & the fact that they're '99s. But the '99 RTS's still beat them.

If the 1995-96 Orion V's were still active & running in SI, I bet GA would of ended up getting those. Smh.

Edited by E For Erica

They have 6558-6624 as that came from the Pond before Grand Av was open

*btw, wasn't the B43 at Grand Av along with the B15?

Yes, they both were, but the B43 went back to JG the system pick of 2011 and the B15 went back to ENY even sooner, but I forgot when. Edited by S78 via Hylan

Yes, they both were, but the B43 went back to JG the system pick of 2011 and the B15 went back to ENY even sooner, but I forgot when.

IINM, the spring pick, if not that then the summer pick...the B15 at Grand didn't work out at all