MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wait and see before spreading rumors and stop with your "Logic"

Bustime earlier showed 9697 on the B62 earlier. Don't know if it's a loaner or it was sent to GA

9697 is not a loner, all of the last 9600s from FB left for GA about 3 months ago

Its JFK/FR getting the artics and 52/53. CP was only suppose to be temporary for the 53 anyways and FR is closest to it.

Also it's JFK getting the Novas now? Use to be Prevost in NJ.

The Q53 CANNOT go to FR because its a union thing. Routes, among other things from JFK/FR/SC cannot be transferred to any of the other MTA Bus depots. 

Also, as per a VERY well trusted contact, when the 53 goes to LGA, they will get their own specially dedicated batch of artics for the 53. The XD60s going to JFK and BP now are ONLY for JFK and BP now. JFK is getting theirs primarily for the Q10, and a few here and there for those operators that get one on the Q7. BP is only getting them for the 111 and 113/114. 

Now For the love of all things mighty in this world

Can we get back to the original purpose of this topic. 

Not sure if anyone got it by 9169 is at JAM. 

The Q53 CANNOT go to FR because its a union thing. Routes, among other things from JFK/FR/SC cannot be transferred to any of the other MTA Bus depots. 

Also, as per a VERY well trusted contact, when the 53 goes to LGA, they will get their own specially dedicated batch of artics for the 53. The XD60s going to JFK and BP now are ONLY for JFK and BP now. JFK is getting theirs primarily for the Q10, and a few here and there for those operators that get one on the Q7. BP is only getting them for the 111 and 113/114.

Enough with the "MTA bus will get this" and "NYCT bus will get that". It is getting on me and other members nerves. WHATEVER A DEPOT GETS WILL BE WHAT A DEPOT HAS. Unless you have a source that says a depot will get a certain type of bus or route (besides transfered buses that you notice), KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!!! 

Thank you.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Enough with the "MTA bus will get this" and "NYCT bus will get that". It is getting on me and other members nerves. WHATEVER A DEPOT GETS WILL BE WHAT A DEPOT HAS. Unless you have a source that says a depot will get a certain type of bus or route, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Thank you.

No that's actually true and it was posted on the forums awhile ago too

No that's actually true and it was posted on the forums awhile ago too

I know some of it's true, but not 100% sure what the MTA will do at this point,  so it's best to just provide a source or something instead of YOUR predictions.

And Novabus, sorry if I got harsh for no reason, just annoyed at the amountof off topic posts here,

I know some of it's true, but not 100% sure what the MTA will do at this point,  so it's best to just provide a source or something instead of YOUR predictions.

Did you miss the part where he referred to a "VERY well trusted contact"? 

Stop policing the forums for predictions just because a few members have posted bad information. Many of us actually have quite good sources and have reported upcoming transfers and orders before the general public knew, and that's part of what makes these forums special. 

They will allow moves between the TWU and ATU depots in the new contracts if MTA gets their way. Don't know if it went through or not but they want both the 52 and 53 out of FR.

Did you miss the part where he referred to a "VERY well trusted contact"? 

Stop policing the forums for predictions just because a few members have posted bad information. Many of us actually have quite good sources and have reported upcoming transfers and orders before the general public knew, and that's part of what makes these forums special. 

Yeah I know, just got a bit annoyed a bit. The first sentence was what got me. Everything else seemed accurate.

They will allow moves between the TWU and ATU depots in the new contracts if MTA gets their way. Don't know if it went through or not but they want both the 52 and 53 out of FR.

Exactly what I was thinking.

OK, let's move on from this and go to the REAL meaning of this topic (for good this time).

Since day 1 of MTA bus, MTA has wanted to reconfigure all depot assignments for all routes to cut down on d/h to and from said routes.

It hasn't happened due to different unions and different seniority books. 

For example: move the Q39 to FP.  Just an example of a random route moving to a different depot.  But a LGA driver who likes working the route may not be able to pick it if it goes to FP.  The union considers this a seniority violation and the driver is being wronged.

This is why the unions are fighting to have MTA bus routes stay MTA bus routes and NYCT routes stay NYCT routes.  

Will it happen someday?  Probably as it gets tied in with raises.  But current contracts are negotiated separately.  For example, when TWU's contract was settled about a year ago, it did not affect those drivers at MTA bus.  Therefore, they do not have the same contract and therefore there should be no merge.  We will not have bus operators in the same depot working under different contracts.

Getting back to the topic at hand, with Ulmer Park now having 25 new Xcellisors (7140-7164), that messes up the assignment allocation as that they were originally getting 23 of these.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know there is an option order coming in but we don't know where these are going either.  Therefore, this allocation of buses to depots throughout Brooklyn Division is now a brand new ballgame.

Getting back to the topic at hand, with Ulmer Park now having 25 new Xcellisors (7140-7164), that messes up the assignment allocation as that they were originally getting 23 of these. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know there is an option order coming in but we don't know where these are going either. Therefore, this allocation of buses to depots throughout Brooklyn Division is now a brand new ballgame.

Not suprised. Them RTS over there are in horrible shape