MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All RTS parked in flatbush today & will not hit service (most likely not needed because of Sunday schedule)

That must be the first time that's happened in 30 years. The era is ending. 

FYI, 174 is still alive.

Edited by MHV9218

All RTS parked in flatbush today & will not hit service (most likely not needed because of Sunday schedule)

That's funny, because I've seen RTS in service today.

Don't assume.

Btw, 5965, 5966 & 5967 WF to MQ - wrapped for SBS service to join the rest of the 59xx fleet at MQ.

Edited by Acela Express

#6014-6015 are heading to Kingsbridge. Looks like ECH is finished with the Orions.

Speaking of Orions, the following looks to be a done deal:

#6116, 6118 from Gun Hill to Yukon

#6124 from Gun Hill to Charleston

#6163 and #6172 from Gun Hill to Castleton

Let me know if those buses hit the streets of Staten Island on Monday.

And 6019.

Roster is updated by Kingsbridge again, great job as always. https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/

I'll check it out Monday TransitMan.

Thank you and add #6338 to Yukon (from Gun Hill) as well. Check on that one too.

5127 FB to ENY.

8756 LGA to JFK. 

3504, 3510, 3516 LGA to BP.

6162 KB to CA (on top of the other BX O5 transfers).

Spring pick starts tomorrow, hence all these transfers.

I guess you can confirm those other Orions I mentioned as being at those depots. I actually forgot about the Spring Pick.

Except for 5006 which is on the B46 right now, but yeah that seems pretty interesting... Wonder why they did that?

Its common for depots to only use the newer buses on weekends while the older ones stay inside, That goes for everywhere not just the MTA. I don't think FLA has enough NGs & XDs to cover all there routes even on a weekend schedule, overnight yea, but during the day? I doubt it.

Not to mention not every single LF bus might not even be available for service, some are at vendors, OOS for maintenance, etc.

I guess trainfan22 never saw what LGA puts out every weekend. 

Plenty of RTS' on the road.

I haven't been on a LGA route in years, especially on the weekend. When I did it was always mostly hybrids with some RTSs. From I remember BP was the only depot where you'd see a lot of RTS in service on weekends.

I briefly lived in Jamaica last year and I never saw RTSs in service on the JFK routes on weekends. Always had a hard time finding 6000s on the KB & GH routes on weekends after they got the NGs. When WF had old buses I clearly remember seeing most of them sitting in the lot on weekends.