MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ulmer park has been slacking on matainenace , some rts are out of service & they might not be saved . 8048 came in to join the family today this evening , got a picture of it . 2 Mta bus lga pick up trucks came to Ulmer park to get a brand new radiator for an rts .

How fast do these LFSs enter service? The second they arrive or do they have to wait a little bit?

Well they were held up due to seating re-arrangements so realistically speaking it's possible that while some of the rearrangements were going on most of the buses were already bulit. I won't be shocked if the the 808X series LFS come in late this week or next week considering the fact their like a month overdue for delivery.

6095 is at KB, it might be another loaner, it was on service on the Bx3 with fresh west farms stickers.

Yeah. 8949 was at KB and now is back at WF

1288 is or was on the M-60 today!!

Is or was? That means you are unsure. or?

How fast do these LFSs enter service? The second they arrive or do they have to wait a little bit?
Well Ill say it depends.. I didnt see them out this morning during my AM rush commute but I guess they go out whenever their assigned.

Generally once the bus arrives at its assigned depot, its service ready.

The bus comes down from Nova to Prevost in Jersey for a final check up and quality control before it heads off to Zerega for registration, plates and farebox. Then the bus is shipped off to its assigned depot. As it arrives, the bus is suppose to receive its depot sticker immediately. If all checks out, it can go in service the same or next day if drivers are qualified.