MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed FP, and especially Grand, do well with the old fleet. A place like Ulmer Park, a place that didn't do well with old buses, gets rewarded with a much newer fleet.  But to the average passenger, the non bus fan, they have put up with old equipment while other depots have much newer stuff.  A new depot with all that old equipment is a slap in the face even to the people who work there. That's what they get for doing well with and older fleet, they keep them!  Couple this with LGA, this area of Queens has THE oldest equipment in the city.  Yes, I know this will change somewhat in the coming months with the 2 NYCT depots getting more new XD40's (unless NYCT changes their minds and I don't trust them).  I also expect, not only to LGA, but to either Grand or FP or both, the introduction of 1999 RTS............more worn out hand-me-downs. 

I'm none too sure that the drivers at these depots agree with most of what you said. First, as far as the new equipment, I highly doubt that the average non-busfan, the everyday commuter, cares very much about the fleet that they are given. Give or take the older passengers that prefer the low floor buses, I am sure a lot of commuters rather have reliable service (with respect to time and scheduling as opposed to the fleet age) than  a specific bus. This is JMO.

As for FP, GA, and QV, these depots have a stockpile of the 1997s in store. While I would love to see more XDs in Northern Bklyn, I am perfectly happy to wait a couple of months before most of the classic RTS' are put out to pasture for good.

9597 to QV, 9697 at GA along with 9383.  

8865 EN CMF to JA

4823, 4826, 4830 EN to GA

Are those buses there for maintenance work or are they new transfers? Either way, that's  awesome, especially as I predicted that this could/would happen at some point.

Man, GA sure does love the older fleet, doesn't it? 

Edited by Micstromme

Are those buses there for maintenance work or are they new transfers? Either way, that's awesome, especially as I predicted that this could/would happen at some point.

Man, GA sure does love the older fleet, don't they?

Those Xcelsiors are there for their 4-year upgrade, not for regular service for Grand Ave. Those buses are still ENY buses. Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

Here is the updated depot assignments for the new XD40's and LFS.  Thanks to Trevor Logan for posting it elsewhere and I hope it's OK with him that I share it.

7090-7139 (50) ENY

7140-7192 (53) UP

7193-7254 (62) Grand

7255-7303 (49) FP

7304-7365 (62) Flat

7366-7437 (72) Stengel-yes, the entire option order

7438-7482 (45) LGA-yes, the split between ECH & JFK was a false rumor

Total: 393 Buses

8090-8119 (30) ENY

8120-8178 (59) Jam*

8179-8219 (41) Charleston*

8220-8256 (37) Yukon*

8257-8279 (23) QV

8280-8320 (41) GH

8321-8360 (40) KB

8361-8383 (23) Jam......*Total: 82

8384-8449 (66) Castleton

8450-8474 (25) Charleston.....*Total: 66

8475-8503 (29) Yukon.....*Total: 66

Total: 414 buses

Please read and comprehend before asking questions that can be answered in the text.  Thank You.  And please save this post for your future reference so certain questions won't be asked.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth