MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is JAM losing all of its Orions to Casey? Is Fresh losing its Orions to Gun Hill?

I'm wondering why FP has 25 extra buses 210 vs185.

Is JAM losing all of its Orions to Casey? Is Fresh losing its Orions to Gun Hill?

Checked SC's pullouts for the day...

7425, 7427, 7429 are all on there...as are 2925, 2927, and 2930. Weird stuff. 

They also sent a few C40LF loans to JFK today, back to that again.

Edited by MHV9218

7428 is the last of the 7400s but yesterday I saw 7427 on the BM3, the number is still there might have been renumbered today

The option order of 72, which was awarded to New Flyer, are all going to Stengel, as I noted in the proposed assignments on the top of page 1626.

As far as buses FP is concerned, shipping to KB & GH, we do not know if they're coming back, same with buses FP sent to FLAT. 

Trevor and everybody else has no idea what the depots will look like when all new buses are delivered and which hand-me-downs go to where and we do not know which specific buses will be transferred.

Let's be patient and just see what the finished product looks like.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

The option order of 72, which was awarded to New Flyer, are all going to Stengel, as I noted in the proposed assignments on the top of page 1626.

As far as buses FP is concerned, shipping to KB & GH, we do not know if they're coming back, same with buses FP sent to FLAT.

Trevor and everybody else has no idea what the depots will look like when all new buses are delivered and which hand-me-downs go to where and we do not know which specific buses will be transferred.

Let's be patient and just see what the finished product looks like.

Completely understand. If anything and honestly those FP buses should of shifted over to FB. The FB 49xx buses should of went to UP and displace the 96xx buses and let BX and SI shift buses. Until their orders come in (IMO). Who knows when the NOVA orders will come in.

So it appears the fleet numbers of the MCI 7400s have (or will very soon) come full circle.  Originally delivered as MTA NYC 2925-2930 (final six buses of the 2825-2930 order), transferred to New York Bus Service and renumbered 1800-1805, integrated into MTA Bus as 7423-7428 and now apparently back to 2925-2930 although as MTA Bus instead of MTA NYC.

Edited by cm99746

Do NOT assume this.  By matching the license plates, it was determined that 2930 is ex-7424. 

Also, we never had a 7429.....

2930 = 7424. Matched the plates myself.

Once again, they didn't do things in order just like with the D60 introduction. Kinda wish they would just do these in order.

2930 = 7424. Matched the plates myself.

Once again, they didn't do things in order just like with the D60 introduction. Kinda wish they would just do these in order.

Weird, but I guess they just throw them out there. Just saw the photo, odd stuff.

Don't rule out those 3G leaving SI If CAS gets all 66 LFS as planed

Where will they even go? The only place I can see them going to is QV to retire all the RTS there. However they are most likely staying where they are at. And I believe Manhattan depots don't want those buses so they are most likely staying put. Edited by NewFlyer 230