MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Castleton has too many Orion Third Gens after they get the 66 new LFS, they can possibly send them to Yukon who in turn can send Orion VII Hybrids to the mainland. This way the parts inventory can stay on SI.

I thought the NG's and 3G's used very similar parts so it wouldn't matter which one left. However I can see them getting rid if the NG's instead.

Strange action right now.

4172, 4660 CS to FP.

4688 JA to CS.

6447 QV to FP.

8810 JA to CP. Usually means LGA coming soon.

4907, 8865 JA to CS (for now). 8865 is currently on the Q13, 4907 ran earlier on the Q12. Assume it's a weird loan.

SC-JK C40LF loans have resumed, too.

Don't know what's for work and what's for service.

Who the eff is BusChats' "caine515"?  Does he post here under that handle or posts here under a different handle?

You have some hell of a nerve to cut and paste my post of the bus assignments on BusChat w/o giving Trevor Logan credit like I did here.  Never mind I posted it here, I was not looking for credit but I do not want my work to be cut and pasted anywhere else w/o my permission.  This is the second time you did this.

Got it?

They've been doing it for years brother.......

The option order wasn't even awarded yet, we still don't know which of the two builders is gonna get it

72 of the options were awarded to New Flyer.

I thought the NG's and 3G's used very similar parts so it wouldn't matter which one left. However I can see them getting rid if the NG's instead.

They do use similar parts when it comes to the body, interior, windows, and a few components, but that's about all. The rear upper panel, doors, HVAC system, and most everything under the hood are different.

I thought those 72 buses were moved up to the main order and the option order was reduced to 628 buses?

72 Options with 628 remaining. There is no "main" order because there was a split between Nova and NFI. Therefore the options remain active for both companies. The base orders for both included active options for up to 700 buses. The first 72 were awarded to New Flyer, and that was just the beginning. MTA will exercise more options for the Xcelsior in the near future.

5105-5116, 5118-5121, 5123-5124 (units from Ulmer Park) are the ones that's been had the hanover LED. 5118 is still has a twinvison LED

5117 also has been reported to me about 2 months ago also has the orange LED signs.

I need the original numbers for the renumbered ex-NYBS units. I see that they are not renumbering them in order. I only have 7424 being renumbered as 2930.

Any help is much appreciated!

What is 6447 doing at FP. I expected those buses to only be QV and Manhattanville.

Looks to have been work, got back to QV last night. 8865 got back to JA last night too, but 4907 took till the early morning.

4676-4677, 4683 now JA to CS.