MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ulmer park Is now in bad shape , they are losing their rts . About 25-30 are out of service right now & some Lfs are out of service . 8043 is at ulmer park too , there was shuttle service going on this weekend and was offered to ulmer park but they may have cancelled it due to failure of buses .

Ulmer park Is now in bad shape , they are losing their rts . About 25-30 are out of service right now & some Lfs are out of service . 8043 is at ulmer park too , there was shuttle service going on this weekend and was offered to ulmer park but they may have cancelled it due to failure of buses .

Same issue as QV? crapping out ACs on the RTSs?

A/C issues? I hope this causes a QV like situation where a bunch of random depots loan UP some buses, esp 99 RTSs and hybrids. Would be nice to see more Allison tranny 99 Novas other than 5024 & 5025 in UP, and hybrids there would just be foamtastic, esp in if is a mix of OG and NGs. But the drivers there may be not trained on hybrids so it probaly won't happen. :cry:

I don't mean to bash UP, but from the B6 rides I take from time to time: the interior of the buses rattle more than compared to the FB buses I ride. So, I'm wondering: is maintenance slacking or is it that they don't have enough parts to fix everything?

the FLA RTSs rattle just as much as a UP RTS. B44 & B46 in northern BK is a perfect example.

Mods... didn't see this post until after I posted my original one, IDK how to muti quote in edit lol.

Great shots Shane!

Oh well, adios 5135.. maybe this time it's permanent? *when 5135 was at Ulmer, I don't believe it had the UP stickers on it. Of course anything can change. And maybe that's what got swapped for 9621?

=

On the FB buses, maybe so. so I'll cede that point.

5135 had ulmer park stickers on it & so did 5136 but they didnt stay very long , i got a picture of 9621 on the b46 it still has Qv stickers on it .

I don't mean to bash UP, but from the B6 rides I take from time to time: the interior of the buses rattle more than compared to the FB buses I ride. So, I'm wondering: is maintenance slacking or is it that they don't have enough parts to fix everything?

The buses are old and beat , they run the buses hard and the streets mess everything up & people come on and kick them and dirty them so everything is beat down . Maintenance is slacking now because they arent getting o.t for fixing the buses and they know new ones are coming in so they arent gonna waiste their time to fix the rts . Theres a bus in the yard #9089 its been out for 2 months going on 3 that bus might not be saved @ all . Theres also another one #9178 been out for 3 months as well sitting inside in the corner and one mci #4328 also been out since 5/26/11 . That mci might just need a part but i think itll be saved its transmission problems .

A/C issues? I hope this causes a QV like situation where a bunch of random depots loan UP some buses, esp 99 RTSs and hybrids. Would be nice to see more Allison tranny 99 Novas other than 5024 & 5025 in UP, and hybrids there would just be foamtastic, esp in if is a mix of OG and NGs. But the drivers there may be not trained on hybrids so it probaly won't happen. :cry:

Kinda the same is happening like Qv , since mechanics and management knows that were getting new buses then they say to hell with this i dont care we arent fixing it but the drivers that go on swing now they have to give up their buses to drivers that need them . They are gonna start pulling some off the o.s line theres about 25-30 buses o.s right now . And ulmer park is getting orion 3g diesels like a hybrid model but i dont like em . Those xcelsiors will be a sight to see & i like those i wont have not one problem with them .

For all you Brooklyn folk, 5135 now sports QV decals

DSC01715.jpg

9696 however still wears the Flatbush logos (epic fail shot by moi)

DSC01718.jpg

Damien is not gonna be too happy about this lol.

Hopefully its time in QV stickers isn't short lived like 5017.

I'd be happy as hell if 9696 and 5135 make their way to 126th Street Depot. Those two are some good buses right there.

The certainly are.

A convoy of 4 new LFSs was seen on Springfield Blvd today for QV. Sorry I dont have any numbers, my moms the one who saw them.