MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8031 went down on the b3 yesterday after the nova mechanic was working on it due to some kind of charging failure..the a/c kept going off for some reason idk

8031 was working fine yesterday , the guy from prevost was just on board the bus to make sure everything was working fine . These lfss are breaking down a lot and they just got here . Its either transmission problems , a/c problems , people punching holes in the roofs and breaking the gps box open or they need body work already .

Wow, that's a surprise but sounds good to me.

5132 is now also at MJQ, so that's 5131-5134 and 5136...

Something tells me that some of those 51xx buses will be making their way back to MJQ in the near future, since now FLA has now installed cameras on their fleet of NG's 42xx, 45xx and 46xx buses.

That bus was at Ulmer Park when I last saw it.

I was thinking so too but it wasn't on the roster.

I remember it @ ulmer park and it was good too . Last time i saw 8877 was when i went to east chester last month it was supposed to be scrapped or to get worked on i guess they changed their mind . Heres a picture of it when it was @ ulmer park on the B36 at 37th and sea gate .

user918_pic405_1231556340.jpg .

2185 9/11 bus out of ulmer park is getting body work done , Orion VII #4220 is now again at ulmer park I guess for training I got a picture of it around 1 oclock in front of the depot and I saw it going down bay parkway at around 6:10 pm goin to ulmer park again .

Well so much for that. Man if I were obsessed about these moves, I'd be going insane right now.

=

Now I don't want to state something I'm not even 50% sure of, but I think i saw 5085 on the B41 this morning. The engine sound was pretty loud, maybe ZF transmission?

If that's true....I hope FLA gets back their ZF's b/c UP is surely killing them!

Me too, I'd love to see 5105 and the other orange LED signed buses. Plus if the camera equipped RTS buses are being sent back to MJQ, then FB should be getting buses back that are just as 'new'. FB has been getting a bit too old as of late.

=

late edit:

How much do the depot stickers cost? Seems pretty wasteful for them to slap on the QV logo on that bus if it went back to FB. And then to slap on a FB sticker if it's going to MJQ.

Edited by Grand Concourse

*Sigh

As much as I hate to say it

5135 was seen on the (B46) this morning with FB stickers. :)

(Spotted by my friend Damien T.)

I knew it was a matter of time before that bus was going to leave QV and back to FLA. Give this move about another week, and 5135 is off to MJQ to join 5131-5134,5136.

I knew it was a matter of time before that bus was going to leave QV and back to FLA. Give this move about another week, and 5135 is off to MJQ to join 5131-5134,5136.

It shouldve went straight to MJQ then instead of going back to Brooklyn one last time IMO.

Well so much for that. Man if I were obsessed about these moves, I'd be going insane right now.

=

Now I don't want to state something I'm not even 50% sure of, but I think i saw 5085 on the B41 this morning. The engine sound was pretty loud, maybe ZF transmission?

Nope , it wasnt 5085 , 5085 is out of service it broke down yesterday on the B36 so its in the mechanics area . Maybe you saw 5058 and it sounded like a zf but we still have all of our zf's .

If that's true....I hope FLA gets back their ZF's b/c UP is surely killing them!

Not true , they were already kinda beat up thanks to flatbush ! They put those zfs on their lines and the streets are messed up so they came to us and got even worser .