MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not the "bus re-paint" thread, there is a thread for that.

No way R179 8258 can the Orion 3G become the face of all Brooklyn depots because there are only 90 of them.  They come to ENY for the base shop and get re-painted.  Gimme a break!  Come back to me when you see two or more in service in a Brooklyn depot. 

As I said earlier, a bus should not be considered to be assigned to a depot until it is seen in service.  Can't some of you guys get that concept?  There are buses coming to ENY and Grand all the time for the base shop.  For whatever reason, sometimes buses come to other depots for maintenance only.  Some are training buses that go inside a foreign depot so the guys can take a piss and have a lunch break.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

This is not the "bus re-paint" thread, there is a thread for that.

No way R179 8258 can the Orion 3G become the face of all Brooklyn depots because there are only 90 of them. They come to ENY for the base shop and get re-painted. Gimme a break! Come back to me when you see two or more in service in a Brooklyn depot.

As I said earlier, a bus should not be considered to be assigned to a depot until it is seen in service. Can't some of you guys get that concept? There are buses coming to ENY and Grand all the time for the base shop. For whatever reason, sometimes buses come to other depots for maintenance only. Some are training buses that go inside a foreign depot so the guys can take a piss and have a lunch break.

Lol I didn't mean the 3G would be face of Brooklyn depot I was ENY (as in depot) would be the face of all Brooklyn depot. I was saying that because of all the new buses there receiving but I was joking i know those 3Gs aren't leaving Castleton now time soon lol

I'm surprised testing at CS didn't start yet unless they already did some type of secret training already.

Two reasons why testing didn't start yet:

1. The New Flyer order was delayed because of wiring issues, but it was said to be fixed and back into delivering.

2. It was last minute the XD40 buses were ordered for CS and was part of the option order that was laying around. The reason for that last minute call is to replace all Orion Vs by the end of 2015 or beginning of 2016.

9487 GA to JA. Ran the Q4.

7463,and 7465 to LGA. 9428 LGA to QV. 9350 QV to LGA. The 1998s that are going to LGA are likely for maint only. 9363 and 9401 are at LGA as well.

Yeah, but it's something odd. 8809 and 8972 just got sent to QV, and I don't know why those buses would need work there. They arrived together.

Bayside High School has summer school there, and often times I see 3-4 buses running back to back filled with students to Flushing. There is no reason that explains why at 12 PM there would be 3 buses filled with people going to Flushing. All Q28. Not saying that is what it was today, as I only saw that on BusTime, but other days when I'm out I see buses like that, even in the middle of the summer. However, 2 out of the 3 buses that were running did go out of service (including 4900 and one of the NG's). School trippers - that's what I assume they are. 

Edited by R188 7857

Bayside High School has summer school there, and often times I see 3-4 buses running back to back filled with students to Flushing. There is no reason that explains why at 12 PM there would be 3 buses filled with people going to Flushing. All Q28. Not saying that is what it was today, as I only saw that on BusTime, but other days when I'm out I see buses like that, even in the middle of the summer. However, 2 out of the 3 buses that were running did go out of service (including 4900 and one of the NG's). School trippers - that's what I assume they are.

There's no school trippers in the summer.

There's a shortage at Casey Stengel. They've been borrowing buses from Jamaica.

5138-5140 EN to FB.

7463,and 7465 to LGA. 9428 LGA to QV. 9350 QV to LGA. The 1998s that are going to LGA are likely for maint only. 9363 and 9401 are at LGA as well.

Actually, I still have 9428 at LGA as of this morning.

9487 GA to JA. Ran the Q4.

Yeah, but it's something odd. 8809 and 8972 just got sent to QV, and I don't know why those buses would need work there. They arrived together.

8809 in service at QV.

8972 to JA.

How do you know?

I heard another RTS I think 9377 was sent to LGA. Don't know if it's true or the number is wrong

RTSs are never permanent in The Bronx....so...yeah...he's kinda right. Also, WF is short on buses. The RTSs are loaners.

Edited by Cait Sith