MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RTSs are never permanent in The Bronx....so...yeah...he's kinda right. Also, WF is short on buses. The RTSs are loaners.

4968-4977 were (originally) loaners. The only one moved out of the Bronx is 4968. The other ones are about to make a year at WF.

But again, anything is possible (although I believe the RTS are staying until the XN40's arrive, but that's another story), so it could stay for a few days or a few months.

But I do agree on the kinda part, that's why I put down the (originally) part.

That will go back down to Brooklyn in a few days.

Since 5138 & 5140 are at FB.

To me, that doesn't mean anything. The (MTA) could be "mixing" around some units now because of the amount of buses needed in said depot.

4968-4977 were (originally) loaners. The only one moved out of the Bronx is 4968. The other ones are about to make a year at WF.

But again, anything is possible (although I believe the RTS are staying until the XN40's arrive, but that's another story), so it could stay for a few days or a few months.

To me, that doesn't mean anything. The (MTA) could be "mixing" around some units now because of the amount of buses needed in said depot.

4968-4977 were supposed to be sent to Jamaica at the same time 4968 left WF. The reason they weren't sent back was because the move was delayed due to the situation at WF, thus screwing up some of the fleet swaps that were slated to happen a while ago but never did. They won't be staying there till those XN40s arrive, that's a whole 'nother year and change.

But do come September, most of those buses will be back in respective depots. Including the ones that left FB for other destinations. Only ones I think that are staying put are the ones that were sent to GH.

I'll take your word for it, since some routes did get extra service this summer.

In addition. LGA's order is about to finish, and Fresh Pond's order will also finish. Flatbush has about another 14 buses before CS (hopefully begins their order). Honestly IMO. The option order should of been split b/w ENY & FB. But this is the (MTA) we are talking and things can change again.

Edited by Future ENY OP

In addition. LGA's order is about to finish, and Fresh Pond's order will also finish. Flatbush has about another 14 buses before CS (hopefully begins their order). Honestly IMO. The option order should of been split b/w ENY & FB. But this is the (MTA) we are talking and things can change again.

What sense would that make because CS will still be stuck with the Orion V's which are in bad shape as it is. ENY in my opinion has been spoiled. I can't believe the got a piece of the LFS order when it should of went to Jamaica because they have over 50 of those 1996 RTS's. At least they are second for the new LFS's.

What sense would that make because CS will still be stuck with the Orion V's which are in bad shape as it is. ENY in my opinion has been spoiled. I can't believe the got a piece of the LFS order when it should of went to Jamaica because they have over 50 of those 1996 RTS's. At least they are second for the new LFS's.

ENY is only getting 30 LFS'. Jamaica is receiving plenty of them that'll displace the RTS'.

Relax, Jamaica is getting about 60 or so LFSs, I think more.

Xcelsior Roster:

EN: 7090-7119, 7121-7139. [1 bus remaining]

UP: 7140-7180. [12 buses remaining]

GA: 7193-7231, 7233-7243, 7245. [11 buses remaining]

FP: 7255-7295, 7297-7298, 7300. [5 buses remaining]

FB: 7304-7351. [15 buses remaining]

CS: [72 buses remaining]

LG: 7438-7465. [17 buses remaining]

133 buses to go, for those keeping score at home. I know much of this has been reported, but I wanted to get it all together.

Xcelsior Roster:

EN: 7090-7119, 7121-7139. [1 bus remaining]

UP: 7140-7180. [12 buses remaining]

GA: 7193-7231, 7233-7243, 7245. [11 buses remaining]

FP: 7255-7295, 7297-7298, 7300. [5 buses remaining]

FB: 7304-7351. [15 buses remaining]

CS: [72 buses remaining]

LG: 7438-7465. [17 buses remaining]

133 buses to go, for those keeping score at home. I know much of this has been reported, but I wanted to get it all together.

How can #7120 not have been delivered when so many buses after it have? Logic dictates that buses should be built and delivered sequentially —i.e. if the order started with #7090, and if #7465 is already on the property, then every bus from #7090 thru #7464 should also be on the property. (That's why I suspect that #7352-7437 have already been delivered and assigned somewhere else, leaving CS to deal with only scrap-worthy buses.) And why would the "option buses" be within the order instead of at the very end? Without the option, would there have been a gap between #7351 and #7438?

How can #7120 not have been delivered when so many buses after it have? Logic dictates that buses should be built and delivered sequentially —i.e. if the order started with #7090, and if #7465 is already on the property, then every bus from #7090 thru #7464 should also be on the property. (That's why I suspect that #7352-7437 have already been delivered and assigned somewhere else, leaving CS to deal with only scrap-worthy buses.) And why would the "option buses" be within the order instead of at the very end? Without the option, would there have been a gap between #7351 and #7438?

7120 broke down while it was being delivered. It was sent back to New Flyer last I checked.

7352-7365 are going to FB. CS comes last because it's technically part of the option order, and the main order comes first. In a perfect world, they come in order, but this is the MTA, not a perfect world.

Oh no I'm always calm im just saying that it would have made sense for ENY to get more XD40's. Is there some type of story behind ENY getting LFS's?

I'm guessing because Ulmer Park gotten extra XD40s so the need an extra place for the LFS. Or ENY and Ulmer Park had an discussion and trade buses ????????????. I believe it either between those two opinions lol

just two questions if I may.........why are the nova's coming in so slowly and why does eny only run a few on any given day out of the 16 they have?

From my understanding Novabus is backed up on order and two they are not building a lot of buses at a time like New Flyer is.