MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2576-2580 have been at Meredith got a while, they're gonna get more Prevosts.

It's about time.... Do they have a place for maintenance and washing of the buses at Meredith or is it just a place to park buses? I don't understand why they would have a "depot" there but supposedly it isn't a full out depot.  Makes no sense.  When I lived on Staten Island, I used to see buses out of Meredith deadheading towards Castleton Depot a lot.  Not sure for what.

Meredith buses get washed and fare boxes read at Yukon and Castleton depots. The route determines which depot the bus will pull into after the morning trips are done. Once the above mentioned processes are done,the buses pull back into Meredith.

Edited by FmrCUSAOp

I have been away for a bit and didn't know fb got back the rtss they sent to eny. 5141 to wf is a strange move. Couldn't they have just given wf an o5 instead? I also read some 4200s from fb were sent to gun hill? Is this just a summer loan or something more? I would figure it makes sense to bump off that batch of ngs now since they've been at fb for a while now and racked up a lot of miles as well as to balance out the fleet age with all the xd40s they have and will get. The age would be balanced nicely with the return of the 5100 rtss.

Oh no I'm always calm im just saying that it would have made sense for ENY to get more XD40's. Is there some type of story behind ENY getting LFS's?

i do agree, I don't understand why they are giving cs a large number of xd40s making it the oddball of the queens depots as they are set to get the lfs. At least if eny got the 30 xd40s, cs could be split with xd40s and the lfs. And for cs they already have the lfsa, So technically they should have the parts to cover them too. Giving eny the novas means they have 4 types of local buses unless there's a plan where eny gives up their ogs? This whole fleet moves stuff is making my head spin.

That's wasteful, that means Meredith is just a parking area for the other two depots

I think that was the point for meredith. The whole point was to ease the burden on then cas and yuk as the only depots handling the whole borough's fleet. Edited by Grand Concourse

I have been away for a bit and didn't know fb got back the rtss they sent to eny. 5141 to wf is a strange move. Couldn't they have just given wf an o5 instead? I also read some 4200s from fb were sent to gun hill? Is this just a summer loan or something more? I would figure it makes sense to bump off that batch of ngs now since they've been at fb for a while now and racked up a lot of miles as well as to balance out the fleet age with all the xd40s they have and will get. The age would be balanced nicely with the return of the 5100 rtss.

i do agree, I don't understand why they are giving cs a large number of xd40s making it the oddball of the queens depots as they are set to get the lfs. At least if eny got the 30 xd40s, cs could be split with xd40s and the lfs. And for cs they already have the lfsa, So technically they should have the parts to cover them too. Giving eny the novas means they have 4 types of local buses unless there's a plan where eny gives up their ogs? This whole fleet moves stuff is making my head spin.

I think that was the point for meredith. The whole point was to ease the burden on then cas and yuk as the only depots handling the whole borough's fleet.

Casey Stengel is getting all of those XD40's because the MTA wants those Orion V's gone. CS has around 70 Orion's so it makes senseto get 72 new buses.

I'm not surprised Gun Hill got those 4200's. They also have Orion and those are beat up. Grand Ave and ECH fixed up several Orion V's nicely and that is why most of them stayed and transferred to depots with Orions while some existing Orions there retired.

The whole business of with Meredith it reminds me of Far Rockaway Depot. Buses are constantly being swapped and any work gets done at JFK. That is why random RTS for JFK can work on any FR route. They should make Meredith a full time depot that is capable of fixing up and handling buses. It would take the load of Castleton and Yukon.

@Micstromme seeing a 6400 on the Q20 and Q44 is not unusual it happens from time to time. It was probably a day loan due to CS being short

Edited by NewFlyer 230

If they wanted those Orion Vs gone then they would've gave Staten Island XD40s since they have the majority of them and these Xcelsiors are coming in fast enough to have been replaced them. Plus the ones in S.I are probably the worst ones in the whole fleet. So I don't think thats the reason.

If they wanted those Orion Vs gone then they would've gave Staten Island XD40s since they have the majority of them and these Xcelsiors are coming in fast enough to have been replaced them. Plus the ones in S.I are probably the worst ones in the whole fleet. So I don't think thats the reason.

I don't think the XD40 was able to handle Staten Island roads the same reason why RTS aren't on Staten Island right now.

Yukon, Castleton and Charleston depots are scheduled to get 66 Nova LFS' each.  There are a lot of temporary assignments going on in the meantime. 

Additionally Gun Hill and Kingsbridge are getting about 40 Nova LFS' each, allowing Orion V's to be replaced.  Gun Hill only has 19 as of the last roster so hopefully some Orion VII's can be returned to Brooklyn.

Please scroll back to the first post on page 1626 of this thread for the assignments.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

Staten Island is getting LFS to kill off their Orions