MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope , it wasnt 5085 , 5085 is out of service it broke down yesterday on the B36 so its in the mechanics area . Maybe you saw 5058 and it sounded like a zf but we still have all of our zf's.

Ok, so maybe I saw 5185 then... The sun was shining off the number plate and i couldn't get a good read on it then. Still, I think those ZF buses should come back if the 5000s are going to MJQ. UP is getting younger due to the Nova LFS and those RTSs are not needed to keep the avg fleet age down.

Ok, so maybe I saw 5185 then... The sun was shining off the number plate and i couldn't get a good read on it then. Still, I think those ZF buses should come back if the 5000s are going to MJQ. UP is getting younger due to the Nova LFS and those RTSs are not needed to keep the avg fleet age down.

Yea it was probably 5185 , & mjq will take good care of those 5xxx's & ulmer park can still take care of their buses but its no point they know their getting new buses so they dont give a crap anymore .

You sure it was 9654? Because I rode 9654 today on the B41 (around 2:30PM to Kings Plaza).

....... Nice

It could've been 9564 but I know I saw a 6 after the 9. I was with another buff who pointed it out to me. So it couldve went back or it was 9564. I could be wrong.

@Grand Concourse Rejoice!

btw I just saw 8074 TJ

And anyone who does FP let me know if you spot 8850 returned

Edited by dmouse

Well you can add 8985 , 9083 , 9085 , 9089 , 9227 , & 8888 to the scrap list they are done for ! As far as electrical , transmission , engine & a whole bunch of problems they cannot leave the depot . 8888 will be held on to until roughly next week & then sent to scrap , it's a wrap

For those buses . 4328 Mci D4500cl is still out of service as of 5/26/11 that's due to transmission problems .

Well you can add 8985 , 9083 , 9085 , 9089 , 9227 , & 8888 to the scrap list they are done for ! As far as electrical , transmission , engine & a whole bunch of problems they cannot leave the depot . 8888 will be held on to until roughly next week & then sent to scrap , it's a wrap

For those buses . 4328 Mci D4500cl is still out of service as of 5/26/11 that's due to transmission problems .

That sucks, I've been hoping to see that bus [8888] in person some day.

....... Nice

It could've been 9564 but I know I saw a 6 after the 9. I was with another buff who pointed it out to me. So it couldve went back or it was 9564. I could be wrong.

@Grand Concourse Rejoice!

btw I just saw 8074 TJ

And anyone who does FP let me know if you spot 8850 returned

Lmao! I am ;)

@ Calvin yes most of those 96 RTSs are mainly for MTA Bus. ECH will need about 10 more for the Q-50. LGA MAY need about 5 more for the "new Q-47" other wise ECH storage gets them.

also, is there a rumor about the Q19/38/66 going to LGA and CP gets the QM12/24/25

ALL Please..........Im sorry to sound this way, I do not want to hear anything more about the Q19/38/66 to LGA or the QM12/24/25 to CP I am completely drained from hearing about it. Until it ACTUALLY happens..... more like I-F I-T happens then we can all talk about it. Again I apologize, PS there is a reason why the actual CP/LGA swap thread is closed.:confused:

3607 is now at the FR depot. Myself and 2 friends of mine saw it on the Q-21 in service with SC stickers on it.

@_@ Well at least its not on some foreign Brooklyn territory.

Whats next, sending this bus to CP? B)

I have recently heard from a CP bus driver (Edison) that someone told him from his depot that they might be doing this...

CP & LGA will totally switch their fleet (except for the express buses), meaning CNG's will be at LGA & hybrids/diesels at CP OR a bunch of CNG buses will be going to LGA and LGA will be getting a new CNG plant.

CS, and other depots may be getting C40LF's, and CP might not be getting any. Instead other depots would bump their buses to CP in place of the C40LF's.

---This is what I heard and is 50-99% not true---.

I have recently heard from a CP bus driver (Edison) that someone told him from his depot that they might be doing this...

CP & LGA will totally switch their fleet (except for the express buses), meaning CNG's will be at LGA & hybrids/diesels at CP OR a bunch of CNG buses will be going to LGA and LGA will be getting a new CNG plant.

CS, and other depots may be getting C40LF's, and CP might not be getting any. Instead other depots would bump their buses to CP in place of the C40LF's.

lag cannot handle cng bus

LGA can't handle CNG even when they had one and what happened is why they will NEVER be a a CNG depot ever!

LMAO!!! LMAO!!! LMAO!!!

Wait a minute, I have one more...LMAO!!!!!!

Um...50-99% not true? Really? Try 100% BULL!

Now I'm not going to get into this why LaGuardia can't deal with CNGs anymore. Some people who posted before kind of explained that issue.

Oh wait and this MUST be the best shit yet...Casey Stengel. As in FLUSHING depot receiving CNG buses? LMAO!!! LMAO!!! LMAO!!!

Wait a minute...I know I have one more. LMAO!!!

You know, I've about laughed myself so hard that I can't type no more on this.

LMAO!!!!

Was he smoking anything at the time?

Lol, but seriously: why the hell would they make LGA a CNG facility again when it was shut down in the first place? They would just be better off shutting CP down and consolidating the rest of the CNG fleet over at SC than to rebuild in LGA.

As for the 'not in Brooklyn' comment, lol, what too far to catch his "soulmate"?

Ok sorry but I have to respond to this because this is 100% false and w/e this person is (if this person actually exists) needs to stop telling people information that is clearly never going to happen. LGA got rid of they're CNG facility for a reason with no plans of converting to CNG. I believe College Point just recently upgraded they're CNG facility so why would they even consider doing getting rid of they're CNGs from there. Until someone from the MTA Bus ops mention this (in which I doubt it), this is 100% BS.

And getting back to the topic:

3526 is back at Far Rockaway (been back for 2 weeks) and was on the Q35 this afternoon. 3607 and 3671 are also at Far Rockaway (3607 was on the Q21 while 3671 was at the depot).