MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 35.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not out yet, i just checked. It might come out either tomorrow or sometime next week...

Oh ok b/c i was looking for 7366 lol but I'm guessing its in training before it can actually go in service.

It's not going to be out for a good few weeks, so keep your pants on.

Why is JFK getting all these RTS. Is it because they are trying not to use D60's on the Q10. I'm noticing each time I take it there seems to be less artics on there and more standards

It's a bus-for-bus replacement. They're scrapping some of their RTSs. The D60s are going through their summer problems.

Edited by Cait Sith

This is a first I've never heard of the D60's having problems in the summer. I knew the 1996 RTS did because many of them were overheating and burning up.

You must've missed the memo, because a lot of us have been posting about D60s going through issues in the summer over the past 8 years! LOL!

You must've missed the memo, because a lot of us have been posting about D60s going through issues in the summer over the past 8 years! LOL!

Oh my bad I never paid attention to it. I think I do recall something about the D60's and heat problems but I thought that was only concerning the retired 1996/97 D60's.

Finally, #7366 is at CS and in service on the Q26, complete with that "new bus" smell. (The driver reports that two more are being kept in the depot for training.)

Out of all the routes they pick the Q26. I guess because it is the quickest and easiest route at the depot. I was expecting it to debut on the Q44/Q20 or even the Q32.