MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that swap between ENY and JA is merely speculation until 8090 and up are seen on a JA route

I wouldn't be surprised if it DID happen tho being that ENY fleet age is very new so if it did it would be to average out the fleet age

The only logical reason I can think of them getting the LFSs is probably because of the amount of RTSs and OGs they lost. So the LFSs might've been a temporary placeholder until they get something back. The C40LF recall situation doesn't make it any better, considering that West Farms got a chunk of ENY RTSs with some others scattered elsewhere.

Edited by Cait Sith

The only logical reason I can think of them getting the LFSs is probably because of the amount of RTSs and OGs they lost. So the LFSs might've been a temporary placeholder until they get something back. The C40LF recall situation doesn't make it any better, considering that West Farms got a chunk of ENY RTSs with some others scattered elsewhere.

That makes sense, since the amount of LFS at ENY nearly match the amount of RTS at WF. Perhaps when Staten Island gets more LFS, the NGs would start heading to FB or FP to displace the RTS and OGs there to ENY. But that's a little far from now, so let's wait and see what the TA plans to do to the LFS at the moment.

That makes sense, since the amount of LFS at ENY nearly match the amount of RTS at WF. Perhaps when Staten Island gets more LFS, the NGs would start heading to FB or FP to displace the RTS and OGs there to ENY. But that's a little far from now, so let's wait and see what the TA plans to do to the LFS at the moment.

Does ENY wants NGs ??

Does ENY wants NGs ??

That's a good question.

They trained with FB NG's in the past. So that remains to be seen. However, if they decide to get NG's it's coming from the Bronx. Either from KB or GH.

I could possibly see some Staten Island equipment head over to Brooklyn. All depends whether it be 44xx buses or 70xx buses. However, something from Staten Island is leaving and heading over the mainland. In the past. Yukon and Castelton has sent buses over to FB, Ulmer Park and East New York

Warming these puppies up for Charleston I see. Glad to see Staten Island getting Novas back!

Novas definitely belong on the island

Ulmer Park now has 5002 and 5005

Looks like FB delivery is complete.

7360-7365 came in on Friday.

FB is the most for sure possibility because of they're high mileage on the routes they have. Ulmer Park I heard that they don't want anything to do with hybrids(heard don't know if it's true ) but they did have 3Gs though. ENY seems to love Hyrids and takes good care of them. Who knows we'll just have to wait and see

Edited by R179 8258