MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the New Flyer CNG recall that is affecting our C40 fleet.

What is the recall that is being referred to in recent posts?

The recall is only affecting New Flyer CNG buses, like our C40s

...coincidentally, other New Flyer buses post-2009 (LFs, LFRs, XDs, XDEs, XTs, XNs, etc) are having a separate recall.

Back doors may open unexpectedly due to some issue which is also being corrected at no charge

Those are all loans, guessing it has to do with the recall and that they might be short

The recall is not the problem. WF has the smallest amount of C40LFs, so that doesn't make sense.

They're having problems with the CNG refueling stations. Which is the root to all of this.

Edited by Cait Sith

I think WF has 6033. I saw it on the Bx35 not too long ago.

Scratch that it's a loaner from KB. I remember seeing the KB decals on it.

The recall is not the problem. WF has the smallest amount of C40LFs, so that doesn't make sense.

They're having problems with the CNG refueling stations. Which is the root to all of this.

That probably explains why I saw 5938 working the Bx36 today. 

EDIT: After checking BusTime there's a few other artics on the 36 as well. 5636, 5674, 5734, and 5945. 

Edited by DaTransitMan4608

That probably explains why I saw 5938 working the Bx36 today. 

EDIT: After checking BusTime there's a few other artics on the 36 as well. 5636, 5674, 5734, and 5945.

I don't think that's the case. There have been artics on the Bx36 well before the "CNG Refueling Crisis". Sometimes they are out there for rush-hours.

Edited by The TransitMan

I suppose so, but I've only seen one artic on the Bx36 at most during rush hours. That's why this looks odd to me.

Also remember that once the XN60s come in, the Bx36 will be 100% artic. So what may seem like unnecessary or extra artics in the future could be regular artics for the Bx36 to run.

Also remember that once the XN60s come in, the Bx36 will be 100% artic. So what may seem like unnecessary or extra artics in the future could be regular artics for the Bx36 to run.

That's good to know. Hopefully the other Washington Heights lines will be that way too.

I don't think it's unnecessary at all. I've seen the Bx36 crowds. I've always wondered why they don't run artics on that line frequently.

That's good to know. Hopefully the other Washington Heights lines will be that way too.

I don't think it's unnecessary at all. I've seen the Bx36 crowds. I've always wondered why they don't run artics on that line frequently.

Lack of artics. The Bx15/19 hogs up all the artics from WF.

This is one reason why I believe every Bronx garage should be at least 75% artics/25% standards. Most of these routes are getting more crowded by the day.

The routes from the Bronx that really needs artics comes from WF (Bx6/36 for an example). All we can do is wait until the XNs come. Other than that GH and KB has enough artics to go around.

5325 from FB to GH

I wonder what garbage GH will send over to FB as far as artics. Im guessing 2 things. Mileage and that GH is short again.

So right now has 5324-5326. All from Flatbush.

Other than that GH and KB has enough artics to go around.

Right now GH is taking artics from Flatbush leaving them short.